Little Bump After 4 in a Half Months of Septo-rhinoplasty. What Can I Do?

its been 4 to 5 months after my rhinoplasty and I have this tiny bump its not really that noticable but really bothers me. When I push it down gently it will go away then come back minuts later. Will the tiny bump go away?

Little Bump 5 Months after Rhinoplasty

+1

We don't know where the tiny bump is located but if this cannot be seen it is small and still may resolve as healing progresses. You can just be patient or visit your doctor for an explanation.

Best Treatment for Tiny Bump on Nose 4 Months After Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi Bumpy,

It is not uncommon after rhinoplasty to have a tiny bump that is palpable but not visible.  You should discuss this with your rhinoplasty surgeon at your next visit.  Your surgeon should have a good idea of what is causing the bump and possibly have a solution.  Sometimes if the bump is caused by a piece of cartilage, a needle may be used through the skin to shave down the bump.  In other cases, a filler can be injected to hide the bump if it is visible.  It doesn't sound like it will go away spontaneously, if anything over time it may become visible.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

+1

You really should go back to your Rhinoplasty Surgeon and have this discussion as only he/she knows what was done to your nose during the Rhinoplasty.  the rest of us here are only guessing at what might be the cause of what you are describing.  

Tiny bump after rhinoplasty

+1

Often there are imperfections after rhinoplasty that can be felt though not seen, and if it is not noticable you should just leave it alone. If you can't get it off your mind you can have your surgeon take a look.

Revision rhinoplasty works.

+1

Hi.

If it is a tiny problem, you should consider living with it.  If not wait another two or three months and a revision should do it.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)