Bump After 12 Years of Rhinoplasty?

I had a Rhinoplasty done 12 year back. However, only recently have I observed a bump on the bridge, (on the right hand side of the bridge). It look like the bone has swollen from the side. So, from a angle it looked curved out. Just wanted to know how can that be possible. I am in my 40s & can the nose bone still be growing. Also, I have just recently started wearing glasses, could it be a result of that. Can I do any massages to make the bump go back in. Thank

Bump On The Nose 12 Years After Rhinoplasty.

+1

Dear R J,

Your nose is not growing at the age of 40. That said, the reason why you developed the bump is unclear (trauma, moving graft, etc?)

I recommend you to seek physical examination with an extensively experienced surgeon.

Even without photographs, a revision could be a solution in your case.

Thank you for your question and the best of wishes to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Nasal Bump 12 Years after Rhinoplasty

+1

Although rare, changes can occur years after a rhinoplasty. Over the past 35 years of rhinoplasty surgery I have debated with colleagues whether actual changes have occurred or if these irregularities have just become apparent with time. The rest of your body does not look the same as it did 12 years ago. You cannot do anything to improve your present appearance other than have a revision which sounds like it would be a minor procedure.

Bump on nose

+1

It is unclear why you developed a bump on your nose at this point. It may have ben from trauma or possibly from your glasses?  Hard to say.