Can a Bump On The Head Affect Botox Which Was Given 3 Weeks Ago?

I had betox 3 weeks ago and today I fell and banged my head badly on the brow bone which is really swollen. Will this affect my botox?

What can affect Botox results?

+1

As detailed by panel  members, there should be no concern that your recent injury will have a negative impact on your Botox treatment from three weeks prior.

A bang to the forehead should not affect the Botox that was injected three weeks ago

+1

You should not have adversely affected the Botox that was injected three weeks ago as the Botox is bound to the nerve endings once it is injected.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Bump on head and Botox

+1

A bump on your head should not impact the effect of Botox especially that which was injected several weeks ago.

+1

No neurotoxins like Botox, Dysport and Xeomin are absorbed by the tissues within minutes after being injected.  The results last about 3 months and trauma to the area won't effect the previous injected neurotoxins in any manner.  

Does trauma affect Botox

+1

Within 20 to 90 minutes after neurotoxins such as Botox, Dysport and Xeomin are injected, botulinum neurotoxin type A can be detected inside the motor nerve endings. Therefore the muscles and nerve endings take up the Botox, Dysport or Xeomin very quickly before they can spread far from the injection site. I tell my patients they are free to do anything they choose 1 1/2 hours after their injections. Local trauma three weeks ago to the area that was injected with Botox will have no adverse effects on your treatment.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Banging one's head 3 weeks after Botox

+1

By three weeks Botox has taken its full effect so banging one's head at that point should not have any effect on your Botox.

Ted Brezel, MD
Long Island Dermatologist