Bull's Horn Lip Lift Revision?

Does the Bull's Horn Lip Lift eventually fall or need to be redone? Also, I am having a difficult time finding a board certified surgeon who performs this procedure in my state (VA), why would this be the case?

Avoid lip lifts, there are other answers!!!

+3

I would be very careful before moving forward with a lip lift!  When a patient feels that their lip is too long it is usually a result of a skeletal imbalance.  the answer to improved aesthetics is frequently changing a related feature such as the nose or chin.  A lip can appear shorter when the thirds of the face and the base of the nose is volumetrically enhanced.  All of these interventions leave no distorting scar.  Craniofacial surgeons try to avoid this scar even in reconstructive cases because it is always noticable and affects lip dynamics.  I am of craniofacial background and feel that this approach is rarely if ever indicated in aesthetic interventions.

Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Does Bull Horn incision lip lift eventually fall?

+2

Most people have trouble finding surgeons who perform this procedure. I work in Baltimore and we do quite a number of patients.

I agree with Dr. Placik that when correctly done, the procedure is rarely repeated. The key is to excise the right amount, and make sure the tension on the wound is distributed away from the skin incision. Check out the link below for a few examples, and look at the video for educating yourself on some of the issues regarding choice of procedure.

Ricardo L. Rodriguez, MD

Risks of a Bullhorn lip lift.

+2

Generally, this is performed once and rarely repeated.

Most plastic surgeons prefer to place scars in hidden or concealed locations.

This scar is literally right under your nose.

In the vast majority of cases, it will heal with a minimal scar. However, if you should have a wound healing problem, it could be quite visible. This leads some plastic surgeons to approach this operation with trepidation and limit its use to more advanced or severe cases which merit the potential risk.