Bulging Ligament After Breast Lift with Implants

Bulging what looks like vein from lower breast acroos abdomen after breast lift and implants. two weeks after my breast lift and implants i noticed that when i stretched out i could see a what looks like bulging ligament or vein or something going down my abdomen on both sides of my breast. Can this be a hernia? It does not hurt much but looks nasty and can feel a little ball like on the right one towards bottom. I am freaking out!

Mondor's Disease of the Breast

+2

I fully agree with Dr. Rand. The odds are that you are manifesting Mondor's disease of the breast. This benign disorder was described in 1939 and is a benign, self-limiting condition in which superficial veins of the breast / chest wall (one or more of the following : thoracoepigastric vein, the lateral thoracic vein, and, or the superior epigastric vein) become inflamed and are blocked giving rise to the cord. It is usually treated with Advil like medications and local warmth and resolves by itself. You should see your surgeon to make sure something else is not to blame.

Bulging Ligament After Breast Lift with Implants: MONDORS: motrin, massage & months (of time)

+1

This is probably a Mondor's cord and in most instances that I have seen completely resolve but may take several months. AS Dr. Rand states motrin, massage and months (of time) will ease the appearance

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/breast-enlargement/

Mondor's cord

+1

It sounds like from your description this is a Mondor's cord which is a superfical vein that is inflamed.  Often warm soaks and anti-inflammmatories helps, but to be safe have your surgeon evaluate you.

Mondor's band

+1

This is most likely a Mondor's band which is a swolen lymphatic channel.  Motrin, and massage will generally always resolve this spontaneously.  Visit your doctor to be sure.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.