Bulging Around Tummy After Breast Augmentation

day 5 after my breast augmentation operation and I still have a bulging tummy full of fluid

Distended after breast augmentation

Thanks for the question.

From your description, it is likely that you're constipated secondary to narcotic use with associated distention. My recommendation is ambulation, plenty of fluids, and a stool softener (eg colace).

Glenn Vallecillos, M.D., F.A.C.S. 

Abdominal Fluid Collection after Breast Augmentation

It seems that your bulging fluid filled tummy may be due to constipation.  This is not uncommon after general anesthesia and use of narcotics.   A simple laxative/stool softener should cure this.  

If your surgeon performed your augmentation through your belly button (TUBA), you may indeed have a fluid collection in the soft tissues of the abdomen that needs to be addressed.   

Please maintain close followup with your plastic surgeon to ensure a safe recovery.  All the best.

Paul S. GIll, M.D.

Gill Plastic Surgery

Houston Double Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Paul S. Gill, MD

Bulging tummy after bresat augmentation

I have to say that abdominal swelling is not a common finding after breast augmentaiton.  If you are taking a fair amount of narcotics such as Percocet or Vicodin, then you may be bloated.  Otherwise, you really shouldn't have swelling to your abdomen after this type of procedure.

Best to check with your Plastic Surgeon to make sure that everything is okay.

I hope that helps!

Bulging of tummy after breast augmentation

This is extremely common and will last for 7-10 days. It is attributable to edema and general bowel distention from the narcotic analgesics. Amubulation and lazatives may help.

Tummy swollen after breast augmentation

It is unusual to have swelling in the abdomen after a breast augmentation unless you had surgery on your abdomen as well or had a TUBA.  Follow with yoru doctor.

More details on this please

As Dr. Aldea asked, please send more details because a breast augmentation done any other way than a TUBA cannot make fluid collections on your abdomen.  If you had a TUBA go back to your doctor for and exam and maybe drainage of the fluid.

Tummy Bulging after Breast Augmentation

Your question is rather short on details. The only reason why there may be fluid accumulation in the abdomen after a Breast Augmentation is if you had undergone a TUBA procedue - through the navel augmentation. In this procedure, two tunnels are created by pushing a blunt rod under the tummy skin to and over the ribs andunder the breasts. Implant pockets are then created by a combination of using a curved rod to pull the tissues apart and by expanding a temporary implant and pushing it around. The procedure is blind and the surgeon does not see any bleeding points. The injected tumescent solution containing epinephrine and subsequently the pressure of the implants is relied upon to compress and stop minor bleeding points. occasionally, fluid created by the post surgery swelling drains lower into the tunnels all the way to the belly button causing the swelling you describe. You need to go back and have your surgeon examine you and possibly drain this fluid. Dr. Peter Aldea