Bulging Muscle Above my Navel?

I had a mini tummy tuck with muscle repair from the rib cage all the way down to the pubic bone 4 weeks ago. From day one I noticed a bulge above my navel. When i asked my doctor, he replied that it was my muscle and that he couldn't do anything about it. he mention that i had very little body fat so my muscle was more pronounced. I am still worry, and not really satisfied with his answer. Just for info my belly button was detached and pulled down.

Mini or full tummy tuck?

+1

The mini tummy tuck  generally serves to tighten the abdominal wall muscles below the belly button. It carries the risks  of creating a “bulge” above the belly button.  This bulge is related to  increased intra-abdominal pressure caused by the lower muscle plication.

Generally, the mini tummy talk is an  operation that  produces very limited results and is very rarely indicated. It involves a shorter incision but does not address the majority of the abdominal wall issues present for most patients who present consultation. For example, the area of skin excised is quite small. The abdominal wall musculature is addressed below the umbilicus leaving the upper number wall potentially lax. The appearance of the umbilicus is not necessarily addressed sufficiently.

For most patients who have had pregnancies and/or weight loss a full abdominoplasty is necessary to achieve the desired results. Of course, there are downsides (including a longer scar and probably a longer recovery time) but for most patients the benefits outweigh the downsides. It is not unusual to see patients who've had mini tummy tuck  surgery present for  revisionary surgery.
It is important to work with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon to obtain advice (based on good ethics and judgment) to  improve your chances of a successful outcome and minimize the need for further surgery.

Muscle bulging above the belly button after a mini tummy tuck

+1

A mini tummy tuck is a safe and effective procedure that can create a more contoured abdomen, a tight waist and a beautiful figure.

When we perform a mini tummy tuck, one of the most important factors to consider is the state of the muscle. If the patient has loosening of the muscle or a benefit from a tightening, we perform a muscle plication surgery during the mini tummy tuck. What you may be noticing is a bulging of the muscle above the belly button that may benefit from further tightening or plication at this area. At this time, discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon as they will want to examine you and determine if the bulge is from muscle or from a collection that may need to be treated in another fashion.

Pat Pazmino, MD

Mini-tummy tuck issue

+1

So the doctor floated your umbilicus and repaired your muscle and removed some excess skin.  The bulge you feel may indeed be the muscle that was tightened, and you have to give it some time to heal. This may take a few months.

Bulge above belly button

+1

You sound like you had a modified abdominoplasty or floating belly button without a scar around the outside of the belly button. A few things can account for the bulge. The most acute is a complication such as a hematoma or seroma, collections of blood or serous fluid.. Both need to be drained. Another is edema in the epigastric region, especially if you had any liposuction over the stomach region. This is caused by the disruption in lymphatic drainage. Time and massage will help. Sometimes a patients normal anatomy is one of upper abdominal fullness caused by the body structure, including ribs and muscle. Finally, a mini-tuck can maximally flatten the lower abdomen and the upper abdomen can look disproportionately bulging. If you have questions that are not answered by your surgeon, ask for, or seek, a second opinion.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD

Common to have full upper abdomen after mini tummy tuck

+1

I am confused. By definition a mini tummy tuck does not treat the muscle above the belly button. Perhaps you are confused with a marriage or "midi" abdominoplasty as I call them which is midway between a mini and full.