I Had a Bulging Forehead Vein Removed, Now Scared About the Whole Procedure. Worried About Long Term?

I had a bulging vein in the middle of my forehead removed. Doctor performed microphlebectomy. Now I am really scared about the procedure. I am worried about long term, etc. Basically my piece of mind is gone. Is there any advice you can give me to maybe put my mind at rest? I wish I could go back, but I can't. I deeply regret it. Thank You

Superficial veins on forehead can be removed very safely

+2

Don't worry. There are absoutely NO adverse problems and you won't miss the vein removed from your forehead. There is ample venous drainage from this area and these are considered 'unnecessary' veins. Sleep tight. Don't worry. Hopefully the tiny puncture wounds healed nicely. Hratch L Karamanoukian MD FACS Diplomate American Board of Phlebology (Venous Diseases)

Buffalo General Surgeon

Forehead vein removal

+2

Relax, there should be no long-term adverse effects of having the vein removed.  The only downside is usually just the risks of scarring or numbness of the skin after the treatment.  There are so many veins in the forehead regions that your circulation should not suffer (it adapts just fine) and you should not have any concern over long-term adverse effects.

Joel Gotvald, MD, FACS
Austin General Surgeon

Don't worry.

+1

The procedure you had was a very appropriate one for the vein problem that you had. There should be no long term issues after this other than very tiny marks from the phlebectomies which over time should be barely visible.  If there was any nerve problem you would have experienced that by now.  Just allow things to heal and you should be fine.

John Landi, MD
Naples General Surgeon