Bulges and asymmetry 8 months after injection of juvederm. Can I expect full recovery? (Photo)

8 months ago I had juvederm ultra injected into nasolabial folds and marionette lines (both of which were not severe though). I am 100% sure it was juvederm, I saw the original pink box and the sticker with the lot number on it. The injections resulted in big bulges and asymmetry. The indurations I felt in my skin for a while have dissolved, however the area around the mouth still looks bulgy, uneven and asymmetrical. Can I expect full recovery if I simply wait it out?

Bulges and asymmetry after Juvederm

+2
For people that have more minimal lines sometimes a full syringe of Juvederm can be too much. Simply what happens is there isn't a place for the Juvederm to fill in, and so what it does is create volume instead (what you are referring to as bulges). Side note - a Juvederm box from Allergan is purple (not pink!), so I can't say whether you did or did not have true Juvederm. You can have your Juvederm dissolved if you wish, or things will return to normal over time. But I have seen Juvederm last for over a year, so you if you don't want to dissolve the Juvederm, you will need to be patient.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

After Juvederm

+2
I would suggest going to see your provider if you are not satisfy. He/she can use hyaluronidase  to dissolve some of the product if you are not happy or you can simply wait it out. Keep in mind Juvederm can last anywhere from 9 months to 1 year. Good Luck.

George T. Boris, MD, FRCS, FACS

You have to ask yourself how much this area bothers you

+1
You have to ask yourself how much this area bothers you. There are a couple treatment options, 1) wait for the filler to dissolve on it's own 2) seek a hyaluronidase injection to dissolve the product.

Either way schedule a follow up appointment with your injector to discuss treatment options.

All the Best.  

Martin Jugenburg, MD