Bulge in Upper Torso After Tummy Tuck

I had a full tummy tuck and muscle repair with NO LIPO 3 weeks ago. I have noticed this bulge in upper torso from the day my bandages came off. When i showed it to my plastic surgeon he said it was a small fat deposit and was hardly visible. He said he did nt do any lipo as he did not think i needed (im 5'2 and weigh 88lb) as i was quite thin. What does this mean- is it normal? Did he do a bad job? Will this bulge remain?

Tummy bulge

+1

The upper bulge may be where the abdominal muscles are stitched together. A little liposuction may help to remove some of the fullness in the area.

Tummy bulge

+1

This is usuay a result of how the diastasis recti was repaired.There may have been a tighter repair below the bely button than above.  This can cause a slight bulge.  It can also be a fat deposit.

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD

Upper abdominal bulge after tummy tuck

+1

It is difficult to see with these pictures, but sometimes, a fascial plication that is tighter on the lower part of the abdomen can cause upper abdominal bulging.  It is my opinion that the ideal feminine abdominal contour is a MINIMAL pooch lower and flat in the upper.  Therefore, my preference is to tighten the upper abdomen moreso than the lower, preserving the femine contours of the tummy.

Michael Orseck, MD
Greenville Plastic Surgeon