Bulge in Upper Abdomen After Tummy Tuck

i had a full tummy tuck and muscle repair with NO LIPO 4 weeks ago. My lower tummy is flat but there is a bulge just below by bra strap in my upper torso. My plastic surgeon says that he tightened my stomach all the way to the top- is there any way to check if this is correct? What could this bulge be? It gets worse after i eat. Can it go with lipo or do i need a full revision? I would also like to add that im quite thin- 5'2 and 90lb. Please advise.

Abdominal Bulge After Tummy Tuck

+1

It is difficult to tell what is the source of this, but it can be related to the shape of your abdomen and chest before surgery. If you had a full tummy tuck, it is routine to tighten the abdomen up to the rib cage, but often the upper area is the least lax. Sometimes, there is some extra fatty tissue in this area as it isn't normally treated with liposuction secondary to safety concerns. Stay in close contact with your surgeon and 4 weeks is too early to make any final determination.

Best of luck

Vincent Marin, MD