Bulge on my Jaw when Chewing After Botox. Is That Normal? (photo)

I got botox to slim down my jawline 3 days ago. When I clench or chew now I get these egg like bulges on both sites. Is that normal? I feel quite embarrassed to eat in front of people now.

Bulge after botox???

+2

I would nor evaluate Botox in three days. Give the procedure two weeks to be fully effective and see what is going on then. You can get some more if needed to stop that contraction.  No worries yet

Birmingham Dermatologist

Proper injection technique for masseter reduction with Botox

+2

It appears that your masseter muscle was only partially treated.  The untreated muscle is still able to contract and is showing up as a prominent bulge compared to the treated muscle next to it.  It may take a week for the full effect of the Botox to be apparent.  If you continue to have these bulges at that point, you can have additional injections into the bulging areas to relax and flatten them.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Botox and jawline

+1

Botox is not fully effective in 3 days. It's best to allow it time to gradually work, then re-evaluate, sometimes up to two weeks.

Sam Naficy, MD