Bulge Above Incision Tummy Tuck

Had a tummy tuck 21 days ago today. There is a very noticable bulge above the incision line, mainly on the left side,but also on the right where my drain is still in. Is this normal and will it flatten out? it is flat below incision line but pooches out above. It stays this way all the time. Seeing board certified Dr every week at this point. She says it is normal and to massage it, but I am worried this is not going to go away and give me the flat look I wanted after going through all this

"Bulge" after Tummy Tuck?

+1

At 21 days postop it is much too early to judge the final results of surgery. It will take many months for resolution of  swelling  and scar maturation.  it will take up to a year for skin redraping to occur. I would suggest you evaluate the results of the surgery at that time.

Continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon.