Would Rhinoplasty surgery help refine the tip of my nose, which has a bulbous and asymmetric tip? (photo)

I'm thinking having Rhinoplasty surgery to refine the tip of my nose, which has a bulbous and asymmetric tip. I'm 32 years old, and I don't want a thin tip, but a more symmetric tip and a bit less larger. Can I look to a rhinoplasty?

Rhinoplasty for a bulbous tip

+3

Yes. Rhinoplasty for this would be appropriate. I would suggest an open approach to really fine-tune the tip. You seem to have a bit of thickness to the nasal skin, therefore it is safe to say you cannot have a very “thin” nose. I feel you would get a very nice result via this technique.

Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Bulbous tip rhinoplasty

+2

A tip rhinoplasty can be performed to reduce asymmetries of the nasal tip and give more refinement.  This can all be done through endonasal techniques.

Bulbous Tip and Rhinoplasty

+2

The bulbous tip can be refined nicely in about 10 minutes through a closed rhinoplasty (no visible scar) with cephalic trims (remove a little of the cartilage at the tip) with or without sutures to shape them depending upon individual specifications.  The tip does not have to be narrow, and I would not recommend that.

Rhinoplasty For Bulbous Tip

+2

A rhinoplasty can absolutely achieve the results that you desire. It's important to speak with an expert rhinoplasty surgeon to ensure that your goals are understood, which will further help you achieve natural and optimal results.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Rhinoplasty can make a big difference.

+2

Hi.

Your concern is quite reasonable. A good rhinoplasty will refine your tip (but not too much) and correct asymmetry.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Bulbous tip surgery

+2

There are a few options here.  From stating your concerns I would recommend a simple reduction of the lower lateral cartilages.  some times less is more, especially when dealing with the tip of the nose.  It looks as if you have relatively thin skin which will help the result.

Talmage J. Raine MD FACS

drraine.com

Talmage J. Raine, MD

Bulbous Nasal Tip Rhinoplasty

+2

Looking at your photos, it appears you would benefit from undergoing tip rhinoplasty to address your concerns. This can usually be done to provide a better balanced nose that is more fitting for your face. I have provided a link below that goes into a little more detail regarding management of the bulbous nasal tip. 

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty nose surgery

+2

Dear jonny17,

• Rhinoplasty surgery was made for people with your concerns
  • You can have a finer tip, with more symmetry, and smaller with surgery
  • In the end we will maintain a masculine look as well

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Rhinoplasty to improve a bulbous tip

+2

Hi jonnyl7,

Yes, in the right hands you should be able to create a less bulbous nasal tip with rhinoplasty surgery. The change doesn't have to be excessive so make sure you like the results your potential surgeon has achieved in other patients.

The key is not to resect very much tissue, but rather to reorient your existing tip cartilages into  a more symmetric, refined position.

You can learn more about bulbous tip rhinoplasty at my web reference link below.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Rhinoplasty

+2

Dear Jonnyl7,

A tip rhinoplasty could certainly be done to address your bulbous tip, tip asymmetry, and central nasal tip depression.  Of course, a formal consultation and examination is necessary to make this decision for sure.  Please make sure you see a board certified plastic surgeon.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)