Bulbous Tip Nose Surgery? (photo)

I have a small but in the same time big nose with a rounded and uplifted tip.I would like to change the shape of my nose to a more straight and more masculine nose.Is it possible as it is too big?

Bulbous, Asymmetrical Tip

+2

It sounds paradoxical, but your bulbous asymmetrical tip can be improved by an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon by actually adding cartilage to achieve a more defined, symmetrical tip that is proportional to your surrounding facial features.

Bulbous tip

+2

Thanks for the question.Pictures limited to nose with low resolution are not ideal for PS to comment but it seems others then the bulbous tip you have sebaceous thick skin.Tip plasty can improve it but must be performed by experts in the field.Thick skin hides the infra structural change that will be performed during tip plasty.

Ashok Govila, FRCS, MCh, MS
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Bulbous tip

+2

You have what is sometimes called "parentheses" deformity and what appears to be moderately thick skin. A rhinoplasty which reshapes and adds support  to position your lateral crura in a more horizontal plane along with tip shaping will give you the changes you are looking for.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Recommendation for bulbous tip

+1

The bulbousness of the tip can be addressed through tip suturing techniques whereby tip cartilages are sewn together to refine and narrow the nasal tip.  A small cartilage graft at the supratip area of the nose will prevent the nose from appearing uplifted.  The limiting factor with a wide bulbous tip such as this is thick skin, which will blunt the overall effects of the tip rhinoplasty.

Improving Bulbous Nasal Tip With Thick Skin

+1

Dear John,

With the photos you have shared, it is hard to provide you with a solid opinion/advise.

However, it appears that you have a bulbous nasal tip with a thick skin that should approach conservatively and delicately.

That being said, commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery; your alar base and your bulbous tip will be addressed to fit your facial features keeping on a natural look for your nose and face.

I recommend that you consult will board certified surgeons of extensive experience in the field to help you reach your goal.

Thank you for your inquiry.

The best of wishes to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS