Bulbous tip 4 months AFTER nose job? Swelling? (photo)

I was just wondering if this bulbous tip I'm seeing at the end of my nose especially when I smile is normal? It has been four months after surgery and almost everyone's picture on here that I have seen looks nothing like mine. The tip is still completely rockhard and I can't really move it. I did have an injection put into it but it was not be high dosage, And clearly did not do much. Help??

Bulbous tip 4 months after rhinoplasty surgery

+2

4 months is still relatively early after rhinoplasty surgery. It's generally better to have a nose that's "too big" early after surgery. Rhinoplasty swelling occurs both on the outside and inside of the nose. Patients are generally "restaurant ready" and socially acceptable within 2 weeks following surgery. Most swelling after rhinoplasty resolves within a month. The final 20% of swelling takes a much longer time to resolve, up to a year after surgery. Fortunately, this final swelling is usually only evident to the surgeon and patient. Speak with your plastic surgeon, if you haven't already.

Dr. Chaboki

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tip issue for months after rhinoplasty

+1

It is always nice to see preop photos as well for comparison. I think that at this point you have to give it time to settle. There still could be a lot of swelling especially if you say it is very hard.

Rhinoplasty swelling takes 1 year to go away.

+1

Rhinoplasty swelling takes 1 year to go away. It is too soon to say anything about the tip. Be patient and wait the full year before doing anything.

Bulbous tip 4 months AFTER nose job? Swelling?

+1

appears as residual lower lateral alar cartilage is left. Revision of tip is needed in my over internet opinion.

Swollen After Rhinoplasty

+1

Swelling is not uncommon after rhinoplasty. The general rule of thumb is that it takes a year for the swelling to dissipate. Some surgeons find that in some cases it can take longer, especially for revision rhinoplasty patients.

If swelling is persistent, make sure you speak with your surgeon to discuss any other options to help swelling decrease faster.

Anil R. Shah, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bulbous tip 4 months after rhinoplasty?

+1

You will still have swelling after 4 months that can affect the appearance of your result. In general, 70% of the swelling is resolved after the first 3 months and the remainder goes down over time. The final result may not be evident for 18-24 months after surgery. Swelling can be influenced by the following: Whether the procedure was a revision, whether tip work was performed, whether the procedure was open or closed, and the thickness of the patient's skin. The tip is generally the last to come around. I would recommend following up with your surgeon with any post-operative concerns, as he/she knows the details of your surgery and will be able to provide you with advice. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck with the rest of your recovery.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

+1

The nose can be swollen for up to a year or more. Swelling will depend upon the nature of maneuvers employed, presence of grafts or implants, thickness of skin, open vs closed, revision vs primary, etc.