Bulbous Tip No Cartilage?

I was wanting to know if there is any way to reduce the size of the tip of my nose without surgery. The tip of my nose has no cartilage. I realize this is might not be normal. The problem I see here is that there is excess skin at the tip of my nose, which looks like sagging. If there is no non surgical solution, could someone give me an estimate of how much surgery might cost? Thanks a lot.

Non-surgical rhinoplasty

+1

Dear coup_de_grace,

• Non-surgical rhinoplasty does not remove or reduce the size of the nose
  • Filler is typically placed to tent up the skin giving the illusion of more definition, but a slightly larger nose
  • It is tough to advise you without an exam
  • Your best bet would be to go to a consultation where all of your questions and concerns can be addressed

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Non-Surgical Solution for Nasal Tip

+1

If I'm hearing you right, it sounds like you're saying that a lack of "cartilage" in the tip of your nose is making it look like your nose droops downward. This problem can absolutely be fixed by injecting Radiesse into the tip, making it appear more symmetrical and straight. I suggest visiting my site for some before and afters of patients who had the issue it sounds like you have.

Cameron Rokhsar, MD

The bulbous tip

+1

the bullous nasal tip can come from thick cartilages or from thick tip skin. Without a picture or physical exam it is  difficult to tell what is creating a bulbous tip.  Rhinoplasty involves sculpting tip cartilages not reducing the thickness of the skin

Large Skin Envelope No Cartilage

+1

If the tip contains a paucity of cartilage from trauma or previous surgery, I would recommend cartilage grafting and tip reshaping rather than nonsurgical alternatives.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Bulbous tips can be improved with non-surgical rhinoplasty

+1

This is a great question, here is the two part answer, no your nose can not be made smaller with fillers, but yes it can be made to look better with fillers.

• For bulbous tips with no cartilage, even with surgical procedures, the goal is not to make them smaller but to use cartilage grafts to achieve definition.
  • Often by augmenting the bridge and by selectively augmenting the tip defining point of the nose, the bulbous nose can be improved.
  • This is an advanced procedure and you should find someone who specializes in non-surgical rhinoplasty.

I've attached an example of a nose that looks more defined, even though technically, it's bigger after fillers were added, take a look!

David Mabrie, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon