Bulbous tip before, now lacking shape 5 months post Rhinoplaty. What would you suggest to fix it? (photos)

had a rhinoplasty to reduce bulbous tip almost 5 months ago. Tip is slimmer in the center but looks amorphous. Was too much cartilage resected? Does cartilage need to be restored to the tip? my nose now flares when I smile and seems like my nostrils are just hanging there. Please help

Post Operative Rhinoplasty Concerns

+1
Dear Pepsicola, In order to provide an expert opinion it would be helpful if you could provide some profile photographs and a full front facial photograph. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Bulbous tip 5 months post op

+1
If it feels hard and firm, I would suggest monthly injections of Kenalog 40. This cortisone will help decrease the fibrous tissue as it is fibrolytic

David A. F. Ellis, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose evolves after rhinoplasty

+1
The nose continues to evolve for at least up to one year after surgery. It is early to tell if the tip will become more refined. Also, the refinement should not be thought of as a pointy tip. Your tip has certainly improved. The flare of the nostrils is a separate issue. If that continues to bother you then an alarplasty will correct that. 
Regards
Dr. J
Disclaimer: This answer is not intended to give a medical opinion and does not substitute for medical advice. The information presented in this posting is for patients’ education only. As always, I encourage you to see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon