Bulbous Tip and Hump on Side of Nose? (photo)

Hello, I'm a 18 yo girl and I'm considering having rhinoplasty. When you look at the left side of my face, you see a little hump sticking out. My tip is also bulbous and it looks like a ball from the front. I feel that my nose is just a little bit too big in proportion with the rest of my face. I've included some pictures (some are edited). Do you think it is achievable to make the nose less bulbous? And will that change my appearance a lot (will I still look like 'me') ?

Rhinoplasty for bulbous tip and nasal hump

+1

Repair of a bulbous tip during the rhinoplasty procedure involves suturing the nasal tip cartilages together and sometimes a conservative removal of cartilage as well.  Asymmetries of the tip are also addressed at the same time.  Hump removal is also performed at same time in addition to possibly narrowing the nasal bones. The computer imaged results do appear attainable  by an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon. Please see  our photo gallery below for how we have addressed the bulbous tip in our practice

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com/progallery/boxytip_photos04.html

Rhinoplasty

+1

A rhinoplasty can be performed to improve the issues that you are complaining about.  AN exam in person will be the most precise way to determine what is best for you.

Bulbous Tip

+1

It is my feeling you could have avery nice result with a rhinoplasty. My prefered approach is an open technique. You have enlarged lower lateral cartilages with one possibly larger than the other. They can be easily reduced and with some suture techniques this should give a very nice refined tip. Yes, you will look different but the difference is that you would look better for you.

Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty with a natural nose for the bulbous tip etc.

+1

Rhinoplasty with a natural nose for the bulbous tip etc. can be done if u choose a very experienced surgeon who does natural noses. Meet with his live patients!

Bulbous Tip and Hump on Side of Nose?

+1

The hump removal and tip refinement for a bulbous tip can be performed to give an improved yet natural appearance.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.php

Rhinoplasty

+1

The nasal hump and bulbous tip that you desire to be more defined and refined are generally achievable while still maintaining a natural appearance.  An in-person consultation is recommended as the photos are limited so that a proper evaluation of your nose can be made and computer imaging can help you visualize what you may look like after surgery.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you with achieving the results you seek.  

Web reference: http://www.kimberlyleemd.com/procedures2/asianrhinoplasty

Round tip improved with rhinoplasty.

+1

Hi.

You look like a good candidate for a subtle rhinoplasty.  I would recommend an open rhinoplasty to correct your tip.  And good surgery will certainly leave you looking natural, "like you".

Bulbous Tip and Hump

+1

Your goals for rhinoplasty surgery are reasonable. I suspect that you have weaker cartilages that may require grafting to give the structure and contour that you desire. I cannot comment on facial proportions with the limited  pictures you submitted.