2 Months After Rhinoplasty Nose Tip is Still Bulbous, Could this be Just Swelling?

i had close septo-rhinoplasty 2 months ago. i must admit that my front profile look great but from left and right view is just awful. my nose tip is way too bulbous..is it just swelling or my doctor just couldn't rectify my nose?

Nasal tip swelling after rhinoplasty

+1

It is expected for swelling to persist for several months following rhinoplasty.  While the majority of swelling usually dissipates in the first 3 months, it may be 12 to 18 months until the final result is appreciated.  Be patient and you should see continued improvement.

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Healing and swelling after rhinoplasty

+1

It definitely takes at least a few months for swelling to go down after nasal surgery. The tip is the region that takes the longest to see the swelling to go down and the changes to become visible.

Give it some time. What you have at six to twelve months is what it will eventually look like.

Dr. Asaria

FACE Cometic Surgery

Jamil Asaria, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Too soon to assess swollen tip

+1

It is too soon to see your final results. Depending on your skin thickness it can take up to a year to see what your tip will ultimately look like.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Tip swelling after rhinoplasty

+1

Give it a full year: tip swelling can take a long time to resolve.  When sensation is normal and the tip is nice and soft you can begin to evaluate final results.

Daniel Greenwald, MD

Bulbous tip at two months

+1

At two months after rhinoplasty the nose is still going to be very swollen.  Give it time it may take up to a year.

Bulbous tip 2 months after rhinoplasty is normal.

+1

It takes 1 year for tip swelling to go down. The tip will go down so be patient and you will be happy a year after surgery.