Bulbous Nose - Online Consult - Computer Imaging..? (photo)

Dear all, My name is Mohammed, 25 years & from Holland. I have been consider Rhinoplasty for a few years, and I was wondering If there are doctors that are open for online consults with computer imaging, since I'm not from the States. I truly believe that the surgeons in the United States have more level and experience then in Europe. I dont like my 'bulbous' tip, and would like to have more tip definition that will match my face. I also want to reduce the small hump. Thanks in advance, Mo

Good candidate for rhinoplasty and video imaging.

+2

The pictures indicate a good candidate for rhinoplasty. The strength of the two cartilages is good and the skin is reasonably thin. Video imaging would be a good way to get an idea of the anticipated results.

Bulbous Nose - Online Consult - Computer Imaging..?

+2

Dear Mo,

Thank you for your photos and question.  Yes, I agree, the bulbous nature of your nose can be greatly improved.  Also, the nasal dorsum (bridge) of the nose can be reduced slightly.  The most important part, however, is the tip.  It is also rotated up a little too much.  The rest of your face is very masculine, but your nose a little feminine. rotating the tip down slightly will also help.  I would be happy to consult with you more in depth.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for a rhinoplasty

+1

You are a good candidate for a rhinoplasty and seem to have reasonable expectations.  Your rhinoplasty surgery would involve:

1. Refinement of the nasal tip to reduce the bulbous nature
  2. Maintaining a 90 degree angle between the upper lip and the base of the nose
  3. Lowering of the dorsal nasal hump
  4. Lateral osteotomy to narrow the bony nasal base
  5. Computer generated imaging would be beneficial

Online Consultation for Rhinoplasty

+1

Computer imaging of your pictures can be done by sending them by e-mail and a followup discussion had by Skype to discuss the rhinoplasty imaging results. This is a standard practice of mine for both close and far away patients.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

bulbous nose and hump reduction

+1

The bulbous tip can be narrowed  and refined with tip suturing techniques, and a hump reduction Can be accomplished along the bridge line by shaving down the bone and cartilage. You are more than welcome to send us photos to our secure portal  and we can perform computer imaging on them as long as the resolution is excellent. Alternatively, virtual rhinoplasty software his available on our website for you to try out yourself.Please see the link below for our rhinoplasty photo gallery and contact information

Online or over the phone rhinoplasty consult can be done

+1

Thank you for the question and the excellent photos.  Either an online or a phone consult can be done.  I am not sure what can be done in terms of 3D imaging since a 3D image requires specific photos to be taken in order for the program to work.  You may be able to find local plastic surgeons with the 3D program.  Doing so will at least allow you to have your photos which you can then use to communicate with surgeons out of your area.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD