I Have a Bulbous Nasal Tip, and Am Interested in Changing It. What Do You Think? (photo)

I don't really like my nose, but am undecided if I want to have surgery on it or not. I'd like to know how bulbous my tip is? and what procedures would be taken to change my tip? Would the nose be changed completely are just reduced in size?

Bulbous Tip To Be Fixed

+1

Dear Aquagirl,
Based on your photos, addressing your nasal bulbous tip will add greatly to your facial beauty.
With that perspective, narrowing the tip and modifying it is not the only thing that will have to be done; one a single aspect of a nose is changed other nasal aspects are to be adjusted to fit the major change hence securing a natural look at the end.
The details of your surgery will be decided upon physical examination to be as minimally invasive and aggressive as possible.
That being said, please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.

I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.
Thank you for your inquiry.
The best of luck to you.
Dr. Sajjadian

Addressing a bulbous nasal tip

+1

A bulbous nasal tip is best addressed through narrowing and refinement of the tip cartilages.  Removing a small amount of cartilage along with intradermal tip suturing techniques will narrow and refine a bulbous nasal tip.  Osteotomies of the nasal bones may need to be performed to narrow the wide bridge so that it matches the new narrower tip.  This is all done through closed rhinoplasty techniques under general anesthesia as an outpatient procedure.

Rhinoplasty to Achieve Desired Results

+1

Of course, having a rhinoplasty procedure is a purely elective surgery, for which you can be the only one who decides whether to have it done. However, I can see how you would benefit from a rhinoplasty to refine the tip, and achieve whatever else you wish for aesthetically.

Jeffrey Epstein, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bulbousity

+1

Hi Aquagirl!  Who doesn't love a beautiful nasal tip?  A nose with strong underlying structural support with relatively thin skin will usually give the best surgical results.  Please talk to a several qualified Facial Cosmetic Surgeons who will explain your anatomy to you.  And best of luck to you.   

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty to Correct Nose Tip

+1

Depending on your surgeon you can do as little or as much as you like to change your nose.  It is a good idea to bring in some pictures to your consultation of noses that are similar to yours now and especially how you'd like it to look after rhinoplasty.  The appearance of your nose after surgery depends on how thick the skin is on the tip of your nose and the choices you make with your doctor during your consultation.

Norman M. Rowe, MD

Rhinoplasty Imaging

+1

The best way to help you decide whether rhinoplasty is for you is to see some visual changes that may be surgically accomplished. This can be done through computer imaging. Study these before and afters and decide if the effort of rhinoplasty is worth it. The pictures you have attached, however, are not adequate to determine what your exact nasal proportions and shape are.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

I Have a Bulbous Nasal Tip, and Am Interested in Changing It. What Do You Think?

+1

The two living action photos show poorly the tip but it does appear as you need at the very least a tip rhinoplasty. Best to obtain IN PERSON examinations with boarded rhinoplasty doctors in your area. 

Bulbous Nasal Ttip

+1

You do have a bulbous nasal tip which is out of proportion with the rest of your nose and other facial features. The tip cartilages can be reduced and the contours changed to give you a more refined tip.

Bulbous tip

+1

You are a beautiful girl.  If you are not sure about nasal surgery, don't do it!  You can not rely on others' opinions, you must trust your own aesthetic sensibility.  While subtle refinements can safely and naturally be done, you must be 100% certain that you want to make a change in the first place.  And, no matter how little the risk might be, statistics pertain to groups of 100.  For any single individual, there is always a 50% chance of risk:  50% likely that there will be a complication, and 50% chance that there will not be a complication.  Be 100% certain of your desire before you embark on a surgical journey, lest you never forgive yourself if the results are less than ideal!

Michelle R. Yagoda, MD

How Much Will A Rhinoplasty Help My Bulbous Tip

+1

The goal of a great rhinoplasty is to change the shape of your nose so that it fits with the rest of the features on your face.One of the criteria I sometimes use when trying to decide how much of a difference a rhinoplasty will make is to see where my eyes are naturally drawn when looking at your photo. In your particular case, you have very pretty eyes, well shaped eyebrows, nice lips, and nice youthful cheeks. The tip of your nose however, is so round that it actually takes away from your other features. When looking at your photo, my eyes are drawn first to the nose, and then to the other features. The roundness of the tip also tends to make the shape of your face look somewhat round as well. A rhinoplasty, by refining the nasal tip, would allow your nose to balance the rest of your facial features. If done well, you will see your eyes, lips, and cheeks first when you look at yourself in the mirror or photos, and should not notice your nose at all. Because a round tip also tends to emphasize the roundness of the face, it is very likely that after a rhinoplasty you will see more definition in your face, causing it to look a bit more defined. It often amazes me, when looking at before and after photos, how the overall shape of my patient's face changes when only a rhinoplasty has been done. Often, this effect on facial shape is what makes the difference between a good result and a great one. While the main focus of your rhinoplasty would be to refine and define the tip of your nose, how it looks in other views (side, 3/4, and base views) would determine if changes to other parts of your nose would be beneficial as well. As you can see, the preoperative evaluation (figuring out the specific issues that bother you) tells the surgeon what need to be done during the surgery, and is often just as important as the surgery itself. It also sounds like computer imaging would be very helpful for you in that you could be shown what your nose would look like after the surgery during your initial evaluation. Then you could decide whether or not the surgery would make the right kind of difference for you.

Michael R. Menachof, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon