Building Pectoral Muscles After Breast Implants?

I had breast implants under the pectoral muscle 5yrs ago, can I build the pectoral muscles up to lift my implants some?

Pectoral Muscle Enlargement Will Not Lift Breast Implants

+1

Building up your pectoral muscles is not going to lift your implants upward. It may make the muscles bigger but I doubt it will create enough volume to give you the upper pole fullness you desire. Since most breast implants are in a partial submuscular position, increasing muscle mass/tone will not push the implants upward. Changing the position of the implants will require a surgical procedure.

Exercise after breast implant

+1

Building pectoral muscle may cause more fullness in the upper pole. Depending upon the placement of implant under the muscle the implant may reposition upon heavy exercise with the risk of inferor displacement at times. It is best to visit your surgeon and get it examined.

Sanjay Parashar, MD
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Does Working Out Lift Breast Implants?

+1

Working out and building your pectoral muscles does not lift breast implants in my experience.   Most implants are now placed in a dual plane position, meaning that the upper 70% or so of the implant is under the muscle, and the lower 30% or so of the implant is over the muscle.  For the implant to move upwards, the tissues at the lowest portion of the implant would have to thicken and push upwards.   For most women, there is little to no muscle in this location, and this is why little upward movement of the implant occurs with muscle building.  Most women find that their implants move outwards more than up with pectoral muscle contraction.

Hope this helps!

Dr. Bresnick

Stephen Bresnick, MD

Working out Pectoralis Muscles 5 Years after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Although I cannot give you advice specific to your situation, generally speaking there should be no problem working out the pectoral muscles 5 years after breast augmentation surgery. You may want to check with your own plastic surgeon to see if he/she has any other thoughts.

Keep in mind that “building up the pectoral muscles” will not necessarily lift your breast implants.