Is It Normal Not to Have Fluids Draining Day 2 Post Op Tummy Tuck?

I had tummy tuck yesterday and I'm not seeing any draining. OS that normal?

Check to see if the drain is working properly

+2
Hello, It is a little unusual to not have any drain output whatsoever at 2 days s/p tummy tuck. Make sure the tube for the drain is not monies, the suture that holds the drain tube is not occluding the tube, that the tube is not clotted (strip the tube), and that you are not collecting any fluid. If this all ok than you may be that rare person who actually has very very little drain output. All the best, Dr Remus Repta

Web reference: http://aaaplasticsurgery.com

Fluids post TT

+2

Usually there is still fluid draining.  It's possible that the drains are blocked.  DId your physician or his/her nurses show you how to prime/strip the drain?  If not, you should give your surgeon's office a call.

Warmest Regards,

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

No drainage in tubes after TT

+1

It is usual to at least have some drainage. My concern would be the possibility that the tubes are blocked. This can be from coagulated blood in the tube. It also can be from a suture kinking the tube. 

If your surgeon hasn't instructed you on how to strip and seal the tube, give a call to the office. This can correct the problem if the tube is clotted. 

Otherwise, unless you are getting a fluid collection which would cause increasing swelling, you are in good shape!

Thanks, best wishes.