I had Bi-Lateral Breast Aug Replacement on 11/1/13. They are textured saline. Surgeon told me to massage implants 3-4 times/day?

I received Allergan Natrelle Style 168 Textured Round Saline Implants filled to 330cc's. My surgeon explained how IMPORTANT it is to massage 2-3 times a day for an entire year. I see him in 3 wks, but am now concerned I may be doing harm & damage to the implants. Wondering if any of you may have thoughts or opinions on this dichotomy of approaches in terms of massage. I do not want to pay the price for doing something that is unwise. Thank you, so much, in advance for your insight & expertise!!

Massage after breast implant replacement

+2

I do not think that there is any real evidence to support implant massage and there is no evidence that says that it is harmful either. I would not be concerned about affecting your end results in a negative way. But I also don't think that there is any real need for massage.

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Implant massage

+2

Some surgeons believe in massage, and some do not. I would definitely follow your surgeon's instructions. Best of luck.

Christopher J. Davidson, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Follow your Plastic Surgeon's Instructions.

+2

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation procedure. I suggest that you follow your plastic surgeon's instruction/advice and not worry about other "opinions”. I cannot see that you will do any "harm and damage” doing so.