Botox for Droopy Eyelids? (photo)

I'm only 21 so I don't want or need a surgical lift, but I do feel my eyelids are a little droopy towards the outer edges, and always give me this tired old look. My eyes have always been this way so I'm assuming it's genetic, but I was just curious if botox could be a fix or if thats just my natural brow bone line and there's nothing that can be done?

Botox for Brow Elevation

+1

Botox can be used to elevate the brow and improve hooding.  However, in your case, the eyebrows are not low and raising the eyebrows may not be a good idea.

Do you "need" Botox for eyelid lift?

+1

Rachel, your photos show a beautiful young woman. From an objective point of view, I'd say you are viewing yourself a bit too critically. Botox can raise the brow edge a bit, but from a professional point of view, I would recommend that you leave things as they are.

Nissan Pilest, MD
Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox and Perlane L Work Well For Nonsurgical Browlifts

+1

Combining neuromodulators with volumizing fillers works well for nonsurgical brow lifts. The injection of a neuromodulators, such as Botox, Dysport or Xeomin, when instilled in small, microdroplet amounts in the region of the outer third of the eyebrows can lead to a pleasing elevation of the brows and restore the upward and outward flare of the brows characteristic of the youth. Placed appropriately, the downward pull of the muscles in the region can be weakened giving a competitive advantage to the muscles above the brow and thereby making possible the lift that is obtained. The results last about four to six months.

To further improve the cosmetic result and to enhance and prolong the effect, I find that combining a neuromodulater with the use of a volumizing filler that provides lift and projection, such as Perlane L, injected immediately under and slightly above and below the lateral third of the eyebrow leads to further aesthetic improvement and gratifying results that may last a year or more.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Botox to lift lids

+1

Yes, Botox is appropriate to help open the lateral corners of your eyes and will help alleviate some of the subtle excess tissue that's causing a look you're not happy with.

Sam Naficy, MD

Botox Brow Lift

+1

Hi Rachel,

Your right, I would advise against surgical brow-lift at your age.

• BotoxCosmetic to the frown area will usually result in a "mini-browlift" effect.
  • Although it is an "off-label" area, BotoxCosmetic placed near the outer and lower eyebrow area can also produce lift. (Caution: Botox placed above the outer eyebrow will result in brow droop!)

Botox effects generally last 3-4 months. Properly administered, chances for side-effects are very low.

Thanks for your question and good luck!

Stephen M. Lazarus, MD
Knoxville Plastic Surgeon

Lateral brow and botox

+1

Botox can definitely be used to treat the lateral brow and raise it a bit for individuals who feel or definitely have lateral brow ptosis.

Can botox fix droopy eyelids?

+1

Botox is a wonderful tool for temporarily erasing fine lines on the face and rejuvenating the eyes, forehead, and even around the mouth. Botox can also be used to fix minor facial asymmetries by selectively weakening specific muscles or muscle groups. In your case, the pictures you posted don't show signs of obvious premature aging of your brow or eyelids, but you may have a slight asymmetry of your brow that could be fine tuned with Botox. Since your pictures may not accurately represent what you are seeing in the mirror, you should have a qualified physician evaluate you in person. Remember that you have a long life ahead of you and, since Botox treatments are not free and need to be repeated every 3 or 4 months, there is no need to start spending money on Botox until you really need it.

Steven M. Daines, MD
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox can lift the eyes

+1

Botox can lift the outside of the eyes (elevate the lateral eye brow). A filler, like Restylane, can give a similar appearance.  Surgery is almost never done for someone that is only 21.  Check with a good plastic surgeon about what the possibilities are.

Daryl K. Hoffman, MD
Los Gatos Plastic Surgeon

Botox for drooping lateral brows

+1

The lateral brow and eyelid are the first to start showing laxity to the upper forehead.  We can all stand in front of a mirror and demonstrate the lateral brow has more mobility than the medial brow at any age.  What could improve that subtle change you are noting is a small amount of Botox into the upper lateral periorbital muscle.  This muscle actively is trying to pull the lateral brow down, so if you relax it, the brow elevates and that little bit of eyelid fold should improve.  Remember though it is all placement and just a bit!

Steven Swengel, MD
Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox for droopy eyelids

+1
Botox can be used to elevate the brows, which may improve the droopy appearance, and can correct for brow asymmetry. I do not see eyelid ptosis in the photos. A small dose of filler may also help. See a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist for a consultation and to discuss your concerns.

Robert L. Kraft, MD