Buffalo Hump Removal: Unable to Locate Experienced Surgeon in My Area

I am female, 31 years, 5'5", 125 lbs. and have a hereditary "buffalo hump." Several family members, including my mother, also have this deformity. I have seen a specialist; and upon examination of my X-rays, he confirmed that my spine is perfectly normal. He suggested that I consult with a plastic surgeon regarding liposuction to the area. However, I am having difficulty locating a surgeon in Kentucky (or neighboring states) that has experience performing this procedure. Any suggestions?

Liposuction ideal for upper back "buffalo hump"

+1

Liposuction done under local anesthesia is a quick, safe and easy procedure to remove and reshape the unwanted contour of the so called buffalo hump which is a fatty and fibrous tissue deposit on the mid upper back. Recovery is very quick and results very pleasing. You should have no trouble finding a liposuction surgeon that can do this for you. Good luck!

Charlotte Dermatologist

Liposuction of the buffalo hump is a straightforward procedure.

+1

The fat in the buffalo hump area has a lot of connective tissue. It's more work to get the final result but the technique is the same as it is in other areas were liposuction is a bit easier.

Liposuction for a Buffalo Hump is straightforward

+1

The fat on the upper back referred to as a "buffalo hump" is s very straightforward are to treat with liposuction. This is a very stubborn, genetically-determined, fat deposition that no amount of diet and exercise will take care of. An experienced liposuction surgeon will be able to help you with this.

Kimberly Finder, MD
San Antonio Dermatologic Surgeon

"Buffalo Hump"

+1

There are many excellent Plastic Surgeons in the Kentucky, Southern Indiana and Ohio area experienced in the treatment of "localized fat pockets".  Take your x rays and make an appointment with a Plastic Surgeon. Expect though that this will be considered a cosmetic procedure . That means your insurance will not pick up the bills for the procedure.

Guido P. Gutter MD
Evansville Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction procedure is versatile

+1

Liposuction can be performed on any area of the body, including the "Buffalo Hump".  I have treated this area successfully on many occasions.  Look for a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who performs liposuction frequently in your location and schedule a consultation to talk about your problem.  

Good Luck!

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Buffalo humps respond well to ultrasonic liposuction

+1

Thank you for your question. Buffalo humps due to an unusual collection of fat in that area generally respond well to liposuction. In my experience, using ultrasonic liposuction allows me to get better results with treating buffalo humps as sometimes this fat can be a little resistant to standard liposuction. If Columbus, OH is not too far for you, I would be happy to see you for a consultation.

James McMahan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

+1

Any plastic surgeon that does liposuction can help you. There is nothing special or unusual about the fat in a buffalo hump.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Liposuction

+1

There are several experienced plastic surgeons in Lexington, capable of suctioning any area. I have been in practice over 20 years but have never suctioned a "hump", but the technique is the same s any other area.

Gregory Sexton, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Buffalo Hump Liposuction

+1

Buffalo humps can be very effectively reduced using either Smartlipo or Power-Assisted Liposuction. (PAL) This is not an uncommon liposuction procedure so you should eventually be able to find a surgeon in your area.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Buffalo hump

+1

A buffalo hump can be trick to treat with only liposuction. Sometimes it requires direct excision as well.