Possible for Buckled Septum to Heal Straight After Revision Rhinoplasty?

I have had 3 rhinos in the last 5 years, my last one was 3 weeks ago. My PS said i hardly have any septum to work with, what i did have left is buckled, it curves a little the only way to straighten it, he needs strong cartlidge to attach it to and since the ear has natural curves only rib would work.

SO he said he straightened it with sutures but he didnt use any rib cause i had told him i didnt want that. Now he says it could heal straight but it may curve. Is all this sounding right to you? if so what can i do to help it heal straight?

Crooked nose [with video]

+1

Unfortunately, once a nose is crooked, there is a good chance that it will remain or become crooked again after any number of attempts.  There are many ways to try and make it less crooked including placing grafts, either in large pieces or small pieces, mainly to just "cover" the crookedness so it appears straight on the outside. If only a small amount of crookedness remains, I usually strongly recommend that the patient accept this.

Also, correcting a deviated septum (crooked one) usually does not result in correcting of an externally visible crookedness of the nose!

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

A Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty may straighten your crooked nose after 3 Rhinoplasty Surgeries.

+1

I'm not clear from your question whether you're having a cosmetic concern (crooked appearance) or difficulty breathing due to a "buckled" septum.

If your nose is crooked after 3 rhinoplasty surgeries, an Injectable Filler treatment may provide satisfying results without the risk, inconvenience and cost of additional surgery. Silikon-1000 may be used by experienced physicians for permanent results.

I hope you find this helpful.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stiil crooked after all these years: Deviated septum after multiple surgeries (nose jobs)

+1

Yes, it all sounds reasonable to me. From your previous rhinoplasty procedures, it is likely that cartilage was already taken from the septum which produces a window like opening in the caritliage and leaves only a frame of cartilage called the "L-strut". Sutures can be used to straigten it and hopefully the scar tissue will reinforce the repair but it is not a 100% predictable process.

Rhinoplasty and septum graft

+1

After 3 Rhinoplasties most of the septum is probably used. Now you have only an L shaped frame to support your nose. If this is crocked then your surgeon is right you need a cartilage graft put on both sides of the sepyum and sutured. This is called a SREADER GRAFT, which will straighten the L shaped remaining septum

The source of the graft is rib cartilge.