Buccal Fat Removal Alternatives?

I'm a 27 y.o female. I have nice features, but rather weak cheekbones and these very puffy cheeks at both the sides of my mouth and my face. My face is slim so it just looks funny. I'm constantly sucking in my cheeks a bit because then my face looks 'right'. I keep reading NOT to do buccal fat removal, if not that - then what? (besides embracing my looks, thats fine I'm good looking etc.) I'm pretty much guaranteed that this 'puff' won't diminish with age. So what's a girl to do?

Buccal Fat Pad Removal Alternatives

+1

Hello Dirtonrye,

Buccal fat pad removal is a delicate procedure best fitting candidates with chubby cheeks that will not be prone to atrophy with age progression. Suffering from a hollow face later on in life is not pleasant.

Therefore, this procedure is best performed by surgeons of ample experience in that field.

Unfortunately, without physical examination it is hard to determine what is the best alternative if you were not a candidate for buccal fat pad removal.

Facial contouring could be performed using several procedures depending on the shape and the composition of the facial features.

I am pretty certain that after you seek consultation with an extensively experienced surgeon you will have a well informed decision.

Dr. Sajjadian

Web reference: http://www.DrSajjadian.com

Buccal Fat Pads

+1

I would recommend that you seek a number of opinions by experienced plastic surgeons.  Removal of buccal fat is appropriate in a limited number of patients.  If it is performed in the wrong patient , then they may develop a premature aging appearance of the mid-portion of the face.

Albuquerque Plastic Surgeon

Buccal fat pad removal is appropriate in certain cases

+1
Your description is one of someone with fullness in the buccal region.  An individual consultation to learn about options available to you would be better than going based on your online reading.  Buccal fat pad removal is a viable and effective technique when done on the appropriate patient.  While I understand the delayed effects of buccal fat pad removal in a thin faced individual, I would not discard this procedure because I have seen it be beneficial in the right patient.

Web reference: http://www.aestheticsurgerycenter.com/face/fat_transfer/

Naples Facial Plastic Surgeon