Am I a God Candidate for Buccal Fat Removal? (photo)

i m 26 years. in my younger teens and early twenties i had a very sculpted face since the bucaal fat was not as apparent as it has become now . would buccal fat removal help me get back the look i had just a few years ago. my lifestyle has also been somewhat unhealthy even though my body structure is quite lean the fullness on my face is not as aesthetic as it was once. i think this is genetic because people in my family do grow buccal fat as they age so i might not have this problem as i age

Buccal Fat Removal: is it a good option?

+2

Hello H.S.

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.

It seems that chubby cheeks were not a persistent issue and according to the photographs you have posted with the style of the beard you are wearing, it looks like alternative solutions could be of a better fit to your case.

I encourage you to seek a consultation with an experienced surgeon and explore alternative solutions to make your decision.

Best wishes

Dr. Sajjadian

Web reference: http://www.DrSajjadian.com

Buccal fat pad reduction to masaculinize

+1

Buccal fat pad reduction is a procedure that is not commonly performed but can make sense in the right patient.  It is important to understand the anatomy before undergoing the surgery so that you are well informed.  Normal aging reduces the buccal fat pad volume.  It is true that some people have more volume in their cheeks than others.  However, it is also universally true that that volume will decrease and descend over time.  Removing too much buccal fat can cause premature aging.  It is also important to remember that replacing fat that has been removed is extraordinarily difficult if not impossible.  The main reason is the location of the buccal fat pad.  It usually resides underneath a large muscle that is responsible for majority of the power motions of your chewing.  Once that fat is removed that space collapses.  Once collapsed it is very difficult to find the exact space and to reinsert a substance such as a filler or better yet fat.  One potential solution is to use something like Sculptra.  While I generally do not advocate buccal fat pad removal, I understand why somewhat would want procedures such as this.  I tried to choose my patients very carefully and I also tried to be conservative in the amount of fat that is removed.  Surgeons who trivialized this procedure simply don’t understand how difficult it is to correct deformities that may occur.  The cost of the procedure can run anywhere from $3000-$7000, depending upon your geographic locale.  Please visit with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  My best advice is to always be conservative with any buccal fat pad reduction.

Buccal fat removal

+1

Buccal fat removal is ideally for those with excess lower cheek fat who are not overweight.  Based on your description and photos you may be a good candidate.

Web reference: http://www.seattleface.com/html/buccal_fat_removal.php

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.