When You Do Buccal Fat Removal is It the Same Results with Different Doctors?

I am confused because I am not sure if the doctor chooses how much to withdraw or if its one whole piece of fat that is removed. So in general would the results be the same if you went to 2 different doctors? Is it too much to do nose, chin and buccal fat? should nose and chin be done first, then buccal fat removal?

Results from different surgeons

+2

Not only can you get different results going to different surgeons those results can be different even if the surgeons use the same surgical techniques. To make things more complicated the same surgeon using the same surgical technique on 2 different patients can get 2 different results. That's just the way things go. Even with specific model cars coming off the assembly line they are not all exactly the same though most may be very similar. It is not too much to do all 3 operations at once but as the other surgeons have warned be careful about buccal fat removal. It may look good today but you set yourself up for a prematurely aging facial look.

Do the Results of Buccal Fat Removal Vary From Surgeon to Surgeon?

+2

Hi Sharpie,

Different doctors, different sense of aesthetics, beauty, and proportions....different results.   I do not recommend buccal fat removal as it will result in premature aging and that "funny" plastic look.  Certainly rhinoplasty, chin surgery, and buccal fat removal can be performed at the same time, but I would keep your fat, you will want it someday, and it is a very expensive endeavour to replace.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Buccal fast pad excision

+1

Like with any operation, the way it is performed and the amount removed depends upon the surgeon's aesthetic eye.

Same results for buccal fat removal?

+1

It depends on the surgeon as well as whether or not buccal fat removal does any good. When you are older you will wish you had that fat. Also, I  think most patients are not happy with the very small difference by doing this procedure.

Buccal Fat Pad Removal

+1

Common sense dictates that there is bound to be variation in results from Surgeon to Surgeon.  Sometimes the variance will be large and sometimes small.  I would like to caution you that Buccal fat pad removal is rarely performed these days.  Buccal Fat Pad Removal is designed to produce a loss in facial volume, which is also a generally unwanted result of the aging process.  Translation:  Buccal fat pad is a procedure which produces unpredictable results that age rather poorly.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Same results from two different surgeons?

+1

The easy answer to your questions is by raising another question.  Do you get the same haircut from two different stylists?  Do you get the same meal from two different chefs?  Each surgeon is different.  The buccal fat does not just pop out.  A surgeons dissects the fat and decides how much to trim.  Good luck with your surgery.

David Shafer, MD