Should I Get Buccal Fat Pad Removal?

I am 20yrs old and i've had "chipmunk cheeks" my entire life. I understand they will shrink with age, but both my mother and father still have slightly chubby cheeks. I dont want to wait forever to achieve a more tapered look to my face. can portion of it be removed but not all of it?

I don;t recommend buccal fat removal.

+1

You will love that fat as you start to age and no surgeon can replace it like God made it. Keep it. There are ways to alter the face (I.e. cheek implants if yours are small,etc.) and make the fat appear lessened.

Buccal Fat Pad Removal

+1

Hi Dezi,

Without a photo it is difficult to answer your question.  In general it is better to hold onto the volume in your face because you will definitely want that volume in a few years when it starts going away naturally with aging.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD