Can Buccal Fat Pad Removal Help Balance out my Cheeks? (photo)

As I have gotten older)(now 49), gained and lost weight, my cheeks are now very unbalanced. Regardless of weight loss, they are still uneven.Could this surgery be the solution to my problem?

Buccal Fat Pad Removal to Balance out Cheeks

+1

Hello Bcheeks,

Although a photograph cannot replace a physical examination, it looks like you will not benefit from a buccal fat pad removal as much as if you consider other alternatives such as fat injection in depressed areas.

I encourage you to seek a consultation with a considerably experienced surgeon who will guide you through making the right decision that best fits your facial features and preserve your natural looks.

Thank you for sharing your photograph.

Good luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Buccal fat pad removal not advised

+1

Removal of the buccal fat pad can be a remarkably effective, yet simple technique.  One should be wary of the longterm implications of removal of fat from the face in general.  Removal of the buccal fat pad in older males may result in a hollowed appearance to the cheeks which is usually not desirable.

Glynn Bolitho, PhD, MD, FACS

Buccal fat removal would not be the answer

+1
You do not appear by your photograph to have any excessive buccal fat and I would not consider you a candidate for the procedure. You have to be very careful in removing the buccal fat and especially in a male patient you do not want to hollow out the appearance of the face and worsen the jowl area. You could use some fullness in the upper portion of the cheek and lower eyelid area which could be achieved with some fat transfer or fat injection. It is difficult to see completely as you can not evaluate the full face with a third of it blacked off as it is in the photograph. But buccal fat pad is a "no" in my expert opinion. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD