Buccal Fat Vs Midface Lift Vs Fat Transfer Rhinoplasty

I want to do something about my face. I Don't know what. Should I get buccal fat removal and fat transfer or, a mid facelift? I had big cheeks as a child and nasolabial folds all my life really, at 27, my cheeks look to be sagging? should I get rhinoplasty, or will my nose look smaller with fat transfer? I'm also kind of scared of fat transfer and would rather avoid it. I want to get rid of the nasolabial folds on my face but want to do it so as to bring balance and harmony to the whole picture.

Best Options for Cosmetic Improvement of the Face and Nose

+1

I can't tell from you pictures  the shape and size of your nose, nor fully determine the shape of your face and cheeks.  This would require full face photos and profile views which you could photo shop a black oval over your eyes which may adequately hide you identity.  

Each of your concerns and the options of rhinoplasty, fat injection,  buccal fat removall, and mid-face lift require a physical examination and thorough discussion.

Based on your question, it seems that the best course of action is to see a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation.  This would allow for careful examination and full discussion of your concerns and the variety of options that might be recommended.  

The consultation will provide you with the information necessary for you to have your questions answered, and to understand the options presented by the plastic surgeon.

Consider temporary fillers

+1

You can get more facial definition with temporary fillers such as Radiesse, Restylane, or Juvederm injected into the upper cheeks (over the bone)

Sam Naficy, MD

Buccal fat removal

+1

From your photos it is very hard to tell if you would benefit from a rhinoplasty. As far as a facelift or any any of the other procedures you discussed you are far too young to consider any of them. I am sure you will have no problem finding a plastic surgeon to take your money and perform surgery on you. You look fine to me and undergoing any of the facial surgical procedure you mentioned would be a mistake.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

What should I do to make my face more attractive, buccal fat removal, fat transfer, Rhinoplasty?

+1

I understand that the aesthetics, of the face, can be confusing and today there seems to be an endless source of information about platsic and cosmetic surgery and yet people are, IMHO, more confused than ever as to what's right for them.  I've been a Beverly Hills Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon for over 20 years and I've counceled countless patients just like you on how to be more attractive.

I urge you to learn the aesthetics of facial beauty as i have presented it which will makes things crystal clear.  IMHO, Cheek implants and a Rhinoplasty (tip plasty) with upper lip augmentation would make your face soft, and more natural feminine.

Non-surgical approaches to facial rejuvenation

+1

From the photos that you have uploaded it is difficult to tell the depth of your nasolabial creases.  A good entry level if you want to consider some form of facial rejuvenation would be one of the soft tissue fillers such as Juvederm or Restylane.   Injected into this crease your result will last about one year.  If you are concerned about your facial appearance then now is the time to limit sun exposure, use sunscreen, don;t smoke and develop or maintain good lifestyle choices.  I frequently hear from patients, if I knew I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself. 

Facial surgery at 27

+1

Hi there

You pose some interesting questions and as you'll see from the answers to date the general advice for you at 27 is to not have surgery.

At 27, you don't have signs of ageing.  But as anyone of your age can have, there may be aspects of your normal features which bother you. If you had for example a big nose or prominent ears, no one would question your desire for a change.

Your photos aren't great, but I think its possible to see that you have a pretty face.  I wonder if there are some facial imbalances that could be inproved by fairly simple and safe means.  I do not think that at 27 you should contemplate major surgery, you just don't need it.  I wonder though if your cheeks are a little flat, and your chin point might be a little back.  Small to moderate size cheek implants and an extended moderate size chin implant might provide the facial definition you seek.  These are reversible, and do not have visible scars, although certainly involve surgery.

My advice is not to contemplate anything unless you are healthy and happy.  Surgery will not make you healthier nor happier.

If you are in a good place, then seek a consultation just for some advice with a good plastic surgeon in your area who focuses their practice on facial surgery.

Finally, don't think you're not pretty.  You are.

Good luck.

Howard Webster, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

What procedures to have

+1

Thanks for posting pictures, however, it is very hard to evaluate with grainy pictures and only one angle.  It would be best to see you personally in consultation.  However, you should give thought to what exactly bothers you about your face so that it will be a more meaningful discussion.  You can then discuss with your surgeon the various options available.  

David Shafer, MD

Fat or mid face

+1

You shouldn't do more then perhaps consider some filler for your cheeks or nasolablal folds. You do not need surgery. Don't think about rhinoplasty in a casual way to help your cheeks. Enjoy being 27, that's what most patient's have procedures to try and achieve.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers are a good rejuvenation alternative for younger patients

+1

You are a pretty woman with no--as far as I can tell--signs of aging.  Your cheeks will thin more as you age further, just as they have done so far.  I would AT MOST have a hyaluronic acid filler for your small creases around your mouth.  Be conservative.  Go very slowly.  Spend your money on something much more fun than surgery.

Good luck.

Mark B. Constantian, MD, FACS
Nashua Plastic Surgeon

Face

+1

If you do not know what you EXACTLY want to change and WHAT CHANGE, then you should DO NOTHINGtill you know exactly what you want