Is is a Brutal Surgery? Should I Be Worried?

I've had my implants in for over a year. I was naturally a C cup and had implants put in to fill in the top of my breast were they sagged. However now my breast seem way too big and uncomfortably heavy. I'd like them removed but I'm very afraid of future side effects. As it is, I have felt numbness in my one breast since the surgery and I worry that it will be worse after the removal.. HELP

Removal of Implants and Pain?

+2

In general, removal of implants is associated with very little pain and should be a much easier recovery than placing the implants.

Concerns about Breast Implant Removal Surgery?

+1

Generally speaking, breast implant removal surgery tends to be associated with minimal discomfort and a relatively easy recovery.

What your breasts will look like after explantation  depends on several factors such as: the quality of skin elasticity (the better the elasticity the better the skin will bounce back),  the size of the implants used (the larger the implant the more trouble you may have with redundant skin), and the amount of breast tissue present at this time (which may have changed since the time of your breast augmentation). 

Life experience since your breast augmentation procedure, such as pregnancy or weight gain weight loss, will  potentially influence the factors discussed above. If you take these factors into consideration and apply them  to your specific circumstances you may get a good idea of what to expect after the implants are removed.
Consulting with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon in person may be helpful.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/breast-implant-removal.htm

Implant removal questions

+1

Much will depend upon the size of the implants, and how much stretch was put on your breast tissues. Your own surgeon can give you far better advice that I can. Photos would help, along with an idea of how large the implants are. 

The procedure to remove them is quite simple. Most are back to work the next day. It is quite unlikely that any worsening of the sensation will occur. 

Thanks, best wishes. 

Removing implants

+1

Explanting implants without removal of the capsule usually is not too uncomfortable. Certainly not as uncomfortable as getting them put in.