Is It Ok to Brush my Teeth with Wisps, or Could the Rigid Bristles Damage my Gums or Enamel?

I like the convenience the Colgate Wisps offer, but compared to a soft bristled toothbrush the bristles seem so rigid that I worry they could do damage to my enamel or gums. Is this something to be concerned about, or are they perfectly fine to use regularly?

Brushing and tooth damage

+3

All over vigorous brushing no matter what is used can do damage. It would take repeated times to hurt yourself. It is important to remove food debris and stimulate your gums to keep them healthy. Keeping plaque from forming is very important. Using anything from you finger, washcloth, or Wisps can be very good. Most importantly is to see your Dr often and make sure whatever you use is being used to help you not hurt yourself.

Chesterfield Orthodontist

Wisps - are they OK

+2

I give my patients who are in invisalign Wisps because they are easy to use and allows for quick brushing.  I do not recommend they brush with them all the time since they are not as soft. 

Leonard Tau, DMD
Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist