Bruising of Top of Eyelid?

It's my third day post rhinoplasty, most people have bruises under their eyes, my bruises are on top of my eyelids, why? And when will it go away?

Eyelid bruising following rhinoplasty

+1

This does happen to some individuals and is nothing to be alarmed at. The bleeding from bone fractures can make all areas of the eyelids bruise. It will resolve in a few days, just as bruising in any other location will.

Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Bruising

+1

It is not uncommon for bruising from the nose to occasionally spread to the upper eyelids.  This will typically resolve within 1-2 weeks

Bruising of Upper Eyelids after Rhinoplasty

+1

The bruising in this area could be due to dissection high onto and lateral to the radix or secondary to osteotomies.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA