Bruising Returned After Nasal Surgery?

Hello, I got nasal surgery to repair my nose about a month ago. The bruising went away the first week but it has returned. Should I be worried? Is this common? Thank You!

Bruising came back after rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question!

It is understandable that you are concerned. What could have possibly happened is a small vessel that ruptured under the skin and will heal perfectly.

However without a physical exam it is not possible to provide you with a definitive medical answer.

My best recommendation at the moment is for you to keep communicating with your surgeon and work as a team together to achieve the best results possible.

Congratulations on your surgery and please remain positive!

Ali Sajjadian, MD FACS

Bruising Gone & Back

As long as you didn't have significant trauma, you may have just had a small blood vessel bleed under the skin.
Watch it, ice it, and cover it up. The black and blue will go away and stay away. Consult your surgeon with any concern.

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon