Is Nasolabial Bruising Common After Radiesse?

I had radiesse on Thursday pm and the right side nasal labial is very minimal bruising, the left side is completely very red bruising and I don't even think that makeup will cover it. Is this normal and I have put ice since right after the procedure and continue to do so. Swelling has finally gone down pretty much, but the left side all over seems to take longer and bruised badly. What to do? The dr. has been in the area for twenty + years and is very experienced with this.

Post Radiesse bruising

+1

Bruising after Radiesse may take at least 5 days or longer to improve.  I am sure that your doctor did not do anything wrong.  Be patient!

Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Swelling and bruising after Radiesse...

+1

While uncommon, swelling and bruising are a perfectly normal reaction when having Radiesse injections.  The swelling is usually minimal and subsides within 24-36 hours.  Bruising, however can take a few days, depending on how quickly it resolves.  If your bruising and swelling does not subside in a week, be sure to make an appointment with your surgeon to discuss your options.

.    

Andrew Miller, MD
Edison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Brusing with Radiesse?

+1

Hi anon.  We actually see more swelling than bruising with Radiesse injections, but it is very possible to have the type of bruising you mention whenever you have an injection procedure.

If your injector uses lasers, ask about the possibility of using a pulsed dye laser for reversing the bruising.  When we have bruising, we are able to reverse the bruising usually within 1-2 days using our Cynosure V-Star for reversal.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Bruising after Radiesse

+1

bruising can be common after RAdiesse. It will go away on its own on the face in two to three weeks. Ask you doctor if Arnica, vitamin K cream and warm compresses are OK for you to try to expedite the bruise to go away.

Ronald Shelton, MD