Bruising Far from Liposuctioned Areas

I am 10 days post Liposuction on inner and outer thighs. I am getting new bruises on areas far from the liposuctioned areas. Is this normal? Why is this happening?

Bruising after liposuction

+1

Application of Bruisestick Arnica ointment can help improve bruising underneath the skin. 

Web reference: https://www.kareskin.com/product-detail/11/bruisestick-arnica-ointment.aspx

Liposuction and Bruising

+1

It is not unusual to have bruising away from your site of liposuction. The subcutaneous plane is continuous. Since you had liposuction of the inner and outer thighs, blood can pool downwards even all the way to your ankles. It is important to wear your compression garments to help with the bruising and swelling. Also keeping your feet elevated will help with your situation.

Bruises acan travel far away from liposuction site

+1

This is very very normal. Do not be concerned. Blood may travel along certain paths which carry it far from the surgcial area. IT is not uncommon for patients to develop bruising on their chest when we do a face lift as well.

Wearing your compression garments and gentle ambulation as well as arnica cream and use of manual lymphatic drainage may help expedite resolution of the bruising. As always, consult your plastic surgeon before undertaking this on your own.