Bruising Around Incisions After Smart Lipo

I have 2 incisions around lower abdomen area and they don't seem to want to close and heal up. I have been putting peroxide on them to hopefully prevent infection. All my other incisions from SMART LIPO procedure have closed and healed up nicely.

I'm on my 5th day since procedure and I believe I am starting to notice a difference in my body. What should i do about the incisions? I just started back to work today Monday the 1st and I do a lot of moving and bending at my job so I can't really do anything about that.

Smartlipo Incisions

+1

Without seeing pictures or examining you in person it is difficult to give specific advice.  However, the vast majority of Smartlipo and Lipo incisions heal without a problem.  In fact, after several weeks or months, most cannot even be detected.  Some incisions, especially the lower ones, may take a little longer to completely heal.  If you have any concern about infection then you need to see your surgeon immediately.  However, I have done hundreds of Smartlipo procedures have have not seen any of the incisions get infected.  Good luck.

Bruising after SmartLipo

+1

Usually the lower incisions take a little more time to heal.

Once the draining has stopped, which is should’ve by now. You would want to apply some bacitracin (neosporin) on the area and cover with a band aid, this will help with healing. You should also still be wearing your garment.

If you are still concerned, I would make a follow up appointment with the physician that completed your surgery.

Bruce E. Katz, MD