I Have Bruising from Radiesse Injections. I Am Going to Have Lazer to Get Rid of the Bruising. What Setting Should my Dr Use?

Bruising after Radiesse Injections and Laser Settings

+1

Most bruising will go away after Radiesse injections.  In the rare event that hemosiderin remains months after the injections, laser can be used.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Laser for bruising

+1

this is an interesting question. Im not sure why youre asking as to what your doctor should do. I hope your doctor knows what to do. if you have to tell them what to do, I must suggest find another doctor.

Misbah Khan, MD

Bruising after Radiesse Injection

+1

Bruising after an injection of any filler like Radiesse, Juvederm or Artefill is quite normal and there is no need to complicate your recovery from the treatment with any other treatments such as a laser treatment.  Arnica montana gel may help with faster resolution of your bruises but an application of concealer over the bruise will work just as well.  Your bruising should be gone in a week or so.

Brian Windle, MD
Kirkland Plastic Surgeon

Using laser to remove bruising from filler injections

+1

If patients have bruising I sometimes do recommend laser treatments for them, usually Cutera's Laser Genesis, as bruising is blood under the surface and Laser Genesis is particularly good at targeting reds. With that being said, if you physician is performing this procedure on you, I'd hope he/she knows the settings....and am unsure why you are asking. There are thousands of laser machines and settings, so without knowing what machine your doctor is using, what your skin type is, and many other factors, none of us can give you settings - they are not universal.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD