Bruising and Swelling After Rhinoplastly?

12 days have passed since rhinoplasty op, and I still have some black/green/yellow bruising and a little swelling under the eyes and on the sides of my chin. Is this normal? I haven't use ice packs after surgery. And my nose have been larger (not longer though) since my doctor removed the splint. When the bruising and swelling will go away? And one more question, am I allowed to smoke cigarettes after two/three weeks? I am 18 year old boy.

Bruising and Swelling After Rhinoplasty?

+1

Please do not smoke.  Make sure you followup with your surgeon.  It is not unusual to have bruising early after rhinoplasty.  Swelling will take months to resolve.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA