Bruising and swelling after in office fat graphing?

I am having fat graphing to my face, lower cheek area, above my lips and in the nasal labial folds. I had cancer 10 years ago and had the roof of my mouth removed and now one side of my face "sinks" in. My doctor is doing the procedure in his office on a Thursday afternoon and said I could go back to work on Monday. Won't I be bruised and swollen? He said he wouldn't overfill me but I would probably have to come back and do it again once or twice. Will I be ok to go back to work on Monday?

Fat grafting recovery time

+1

Dear Mrscookie1234,

• I cannot speak for anyone else's technique, but I tell my patients that they will have bruising and swelling for up to 2 weeks
  • Using Arnica pellets and gel can help reduce the bruising and swelling
  • Also, the amount of fat injected can lead to more or less bruising

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

+1

You will probably still have bruising and some swelling come Monday but depending on what you do, you should be fine going back to work.

The bruising is quite variable.

+1

If you bruise, you will probably stay bruised for about a week. You will definitely have some swelling which will last for several days. Depending on what you do for work, you should feel fine and would be able to return on Monday. You may just still look a little beat up!

Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Fat Transfer Toronto

+1

You will likely have bruising. Most people have bruising that lasts anywhere from a few days to 2-3 weeks. It varies with each person. You should discuss your concerns with your surgeon.