No Bruising After SmartLipo, is This Normal?

I had SmartLipo on my lower legs (ankles/calves); I'm post surg day 2 and there is no bruising. After seeing pictures of other women who had the procedure, their bruises were intense. Should I be worried or should I feel blessed?

Bruising after Smartlipo

Every patient is different and the amount of bruising and swelling after the procedure is really dependent on each individual.  So, the make the answer quick, you are blessed not to have too much swelling or bruising.

Good Luck.

10 East 53rd Street
New York, NY 10022

Feel blessed. Most people have some bruising. Are you taking Arnica beause we get almost no bruising with facelift surgery

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

3711 Lomita Blvd.
Torrance, CA 90505

No bruising after Smartlipo

Typically patients have slight bruising, it is normal not to have any bruising as well. Continue to wear your compression garment to control any swelling.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

60 East 56th Street
New York, NY 10022

SmartLipo and bruising

You should feel blessed.  Everybody reacts differently to the same procedures.  Most people will have some minor swelling and bruising but it is quite variable.  Enjoy your results!

Naveen Setty, MD

175 Ridge Road
McKinney, TX 75070

You should feel blessed since your surgeon was likely very gentle and allowed for the proper time for the epinephrine to work which results in less bleeding into the tissues and less bruising. 

Patrick W. Hsu, MD, FACS

929 Gessner Road
Houston, TX 77024

Bruising and surgery

Every patient is different and bruising may not occur as much in some patients. If you do not have bruising that is great!

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028