Bruising After 1 Month of Breast Augmentation? (photo)

I had a Breast Augmentation a month ago and i still have a bruise is this normal and will it go away? i noticed to that my left breast is bigger than the right one.

Bruising and High Implants after Breast Augmentation

+1

The bruising without any significant change in size of the breasts is not particularly troublesome.  The high nature of the implants will resovlve with massage and time.  With regard to the left breast being larger, I suspect that the asymmetry witnessed now was present preoperatively, but preoperative images would be necessary to properly evaluate that.

Bruising one month out?

+1

Thanks for your post and photos. Your photos demonstrate that you're still healing - the bruise and the high riding breast implants. Both conditions should get better as time progresses. Best wishes, Dr. Aldo.

Aldo Guerra, MD

Bruising After 1 Month

+1

I would not find it unusual to see some bruising present at this early date. Most bruising is gone by now, but the patient to patient variability is quite marked. As far as asymmetry, I do see some, but that is quite common this early, even in patients who wind up being very symmetric. It would be hard to comment without preop photos and some knowledge of the procedure. Your won surgeon would be your best resource for this type of question.

Thank you,and best wishes. 

Bruising after breast augmentation

+1

Bruising after a breast augmentation can sometimes last as long as 6 weeks, although for most people it resolves in the first two weeks.  I would not be concerned at this point.  Your tissues appear to still be somewhat tight as well which is likely preventing your bruising from resolving.  You are too early after surgery to make any comments regarding asymmetry.

Naveen Setty, MD, FACS

Post op

+1

Post operative swelling and bruising can be different on the two sides. therefore they can heal at different rates

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Too early to assess results of breast augmentation

+1

Dear Rachel,

Thank you for sharing your photos along with your post.

At 4 weeks post-op, it is early to assess the final results of your surgery.

Nonetheless, it is important to point out that so far your implants are "high riding" and so it is crucial that you do follow your surgeon's post-op instructions. After, you and your surgeon are a team and the success of your end results will be directly correlated to how well both of you work together.

So far, you need to be a little more patient and let nature take its course so your implants will settle into their pockets.

Unfortunately, without pre-op photos and the full details of your surgery, it is not possible to extrapolate further on a solid base to provide you with additional insights.

I hope this helps and thank you for your inquiry.

The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Early Post-Operative Changes following Breast Augmentation

+1

From your photographs it appears that you are having a relatively normal post operative course.  The implants appear a little high and tight that is not uncommon especially if your breast were small and tight prior to surgery and that you used a relatively large implant.  Your degree of bruising is normal and noting to be concerned about at this point.  

Bruising After 1 Month of Breast Augmentation?

+1

Based upon the posted photos I see no real issues at this very early stage of healing. Best to discuss with your surgeon the details of symmetry and healing course. 

Bruise one month after breast augmentation

+1

Bruising usually takes a few weeks to go away and sometime longer.  You are one of the longers.  In terms of volume, I can't really comment not knowing what you looked like before and what size implants you had placed, etc..  Give it time to settle down.

Bruising and swelling not unusual

+1

You are still very early postop, and your photos clearly show that you are tight and swollen.  You are still healing, and the bit of old bruising doesn't look huge.  Please follow up with your surgeon.  Best wishes.

Carmen Kavali, MD