Why Would I Have Bruising After Just a Cartilage Graft?

I had septoplasty in March but after the swelling had subsided, I'm noticed the tip of my nose had dropped creating a larger dorsal hump - but with no bruising after. My doctor told me that this was a risk that can occur in patients with a severe deviation. In the end, I was unhappy with the appearance and had revision surgery for a cartilage graft to rebuild the lower part. If the surgery was done with cartilage why do I have bruising under my eyes and over the bump on the top of my nose?

Bruising after rhinoplasty

+1

Dear Shawnaleland,

Bruising can occur when you dissect the skin off of the cartilage below

It just happens because the blood that gets trapped under the skin can end up under the eyes

The bruising on the dorsum could just be due to some work that your surgeon might have done - he may have noticed the bump and rasped it down

You should ask him for all the technical details because I am just guessing what he did

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani