Bruising After Breast Aug Normal 9 Days Post Op?

I had a breast lift with breast aug periareolar 9 days ago. Thursday I had my first week pre op and was told everything was good.I have read of complications etc so I have closely monitered my breasts for changes. My right breast had a dent ( assuming a ripple for a few days. I was just light massage and I noticed a new bruise in area where dent was after starting the self massaging. I do not have severe pain, slight pain and no discharge pus bleeding can anyone let me know if i normal

Bruising after implants

+1
It looks like you have only a small amount of bruising following your breast augmentation.  It should not become a problem for you.  Good luck.

Postoperative bruising after breast augmentation with breast implants

+1

Bruising can be normal for up to 6 weeks following breast augmentation with breast implants. I always recommend seeing your Plastic Surgeon to be sure you are healing properly.

Laurie Casas, MD

Swelling and bruising after breast augmentation is normal

+1

Although your symptoms are generally normal following a breast augmentation, you should report any other changes to your PS. These can inculde such things as: increased pain, increased swelling, increased redness, fever/chills, thick drainage(pus), etc. Best wishes, Dr. H

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Don't be alarmed

+1

Bruising varies from patient to patient. Sometimes the bruising is delayed until the blood, initially clotted, has "liquified". It should turn color and fade over time.

Robert Frank, MD
Munster Plastic Surgeon

Post-breast surgery bleeding

+1

It is common to see bruising post-breast surgery for the first 2-3 weeks post-op.  Like any bruises, the body requires a few weeks to reabsorb the old blood.  That being said, I would make sure your surgeon has seen you already post-op (or since you noticed the change) to make sure there is no accumulation of blood around the implant (i.e. hematoma).  Hematoma would require attention from your surgeon.  It is hard to assess from your pictures if both breasts are or aren't symmetrical.  Hope this helps.

Marc DuPéré, MD

Bruising after breast surgery

+1

This is very common and may not be evident for several days, so you are well within the normal range.  As long as one breast isn't more swollen than the other or much harder this is purely cosmetic and will resolve.  Follow your doctor's advice and follow up with him as often as you need to for you to be comfortable.  Good luck.

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Brusing after breast lift is common

+1

Brusing after a breast lift is more common than after a breast augmentation alone.  I have had patients with no bleeding in the operating room and with mild brusing afterwards in the first post-operative week.  As long as both breasts are comparable in size and softness (given that you were not assymetric before surgery) and without significant discomfort, the brusing is not a hematoma.  It will goi away over the next week or two.

D Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Bruising after breast augmentation

+1

Bruising can occur after augmentation and different areas of skin may demonstrate different stages of bruising (thus the rainbow of colors!).  If one breast is significantly or suddenly larger or more painful in addition to looking bruised, you should contact your surgeon for evaluation to rule out a collection of blood that may have formed. 

Michelle Spring, MD

Bruising after breast augmentation

+1
It is not unusual for bruising to appear seven or more days after breast augmentation surgery. The key thing is to continue to monitor the breasts for excessive swelling, redness or signs of infection. If the swelling does not subside, definitely contact your plastic surgeon for a followup examination.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Delayed bruising after breast implants

+1

It is not unusual for the bruising to be delayed after breast augmentation. The pocket that was created for the implant is deep. Some blood will build up in the pocket after surgery and it takes a while for that blood to either get absorbed or to leak out into the tissues. When the latter occurs, you will get skin bruising but this can take up to a week to show up. As long as you are doing well with no other symptoms, don't worry about it. It will go away.

James McMahan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon