Bruising After Breast Aug Normal 9 Days Post Op?

I had a breast lift with breast aug periareolar 9 days ago. Thursday I had my first week pre op and was told everything was good.I have read of complications etc so I have closely monitered my breasts for changes. My right breast had a dent ( assuming a ripple for a few days. I was just light massage and I noticed a new bruise in area where dent was after starting the self massaging. I do not have severe pain, slight pain and no discharge pus bleeding can anyone let me know if i normal

Bruising after breast augmentation

As long as you do not have any unusual swelling, redness or drainage The the bruising in your photograph appears normal. After surgery there is always some blood in the tissues. Gravity will cause the blood to gradually move to the bottom of the breast and you may see this small amount of bruising in the skin. As long as the bruising does not get worse you should do fine. Good luck

Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Seems normal!

The bruising and swelling that you’re experiencing following breast augmentation surgery is completely normal.With that said, it doesn’t hurt to see your plastic surgeon if you have concerns about your situation.Your surgeon can easily check your wound and alleviate your anxiety.

Bruising after Breast Augmentation and Breast Lift

Check with your plastic surgeon. Although your photos don't look worrisome, it's best that your surgeon examines you in person. It's not unusual to have some of the blood breakdown products deep in the tissues slowly come up to the skin after a few days, giving the appearance of a brand new bleed. But it takes an experienced surgeon to be able to tell the difference.

Click on the link below to learn about concerns during early recovery after plastic surgery.\

All the best.

Heather J. Furnas, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Bruising after implants

It looks like you have only a small amount of bruising following your breast augmentation.  It should not become a problem for you.  Good luck.

David Stoker, MD

Postoperative bruising after breast augmentation with breast implants

Bruising can be normal for up to 6 weeks following breast augmentation with breast implants. I always recommend seeing your Plastic Surgeon to be sure you are healing properly.

Laurie Casas, MD

Swelling and bruising after breast augmentation is normal

Although your symptoms are generally normal following a breast augmentation, you should report any other changes to your PS. These can inculde such things as: increased pain, increased swelling, increased redness, fever/chills, thick drainage(pus), etc. Best wishes, Dr. H

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Don't be alarmed

Bruising varies from patient to patient. Sometimes the bruising is delayed until the blood, initially clotted, has "liquified". It should turn color and fade over time.

Robert Frank, MD
Munster Plastic Surgeon

Post-breast surgery bleeding

It is common to see bruising post-breast surgery for the first 2-3 weeks post-op.  Like any bruises, the body requires a few weeks to reabsorb the old blood.  That being said, I would make sure your surgeon has seen you already post-op (or since you noticed the change) to make sure there is no accumulation of blood around the implant (i.e. hematoma).  Hematoma would require attention from your surgeon.  It is hard to assess from your pictures if both breasts are or aren't symmetrical.  Hope this helps.

Marc DuPere, MD

Bruising after breast surgery

This is very common and may not be evident for several days, so you are well within the normal range.  As long as one breast isn't more swollen than the other or much harder this is purely cosmetic and will resolve.  Follow your doctor's advice and follow up with him as often as you need to for you to be comfortable.  Good luck.

Brusing after breast lift is common

Brusing after a breast lift is more common than after a breast augmentation alone.  I have had patients with no bleeding in the operating room and with mild brusing afterwards in the first post-operative week.  As long as both breasts are comparable in size and softness (given that you were not assymetric before surgery) and without significant discomfort, the brusing is not a hematoma.  It will goi away over the next week or two.

D Repta

Remus Repta, MD