Bruising 3 Days After Breast Augmentation, Normal Amount? (photo)

I am approx. 72 hours subglandular B.A. post op... I have some fairly significant bruising and am not sure if it is reason enough to follow up prematurely with my P.S., I am off the narcotic pain meds and pain is managed with tylenol. I'm obviously somewhat uncomfortable but nothing major, mostly feeling bloated with engorged breasts. Shall I give a few more days and just monitor bruising?

Bruising 3 Days After Breast Augmentation, Normal Amount?

Bruising is expected after most operations and isn't considered a true complication. As the days progress the blood is absorbed by the body, and the color of the bruins gradually changes from purple to red to green and then yellow. Hope this helps. 

Bruising Appears To Be Typical

The bruising and swelling that you’re experiencing following subglandular breast augmentation is completely normal.With that said, it doesn’t hurt to see your plastic surgeon if you have concerns about your situation.Your surgeon can easily check your wound and alleviate your anxiety.

Bruising after breast augmentation

The bruising that you present in those pictures is normal, some patients bruise more than others, its all part of the healing process. If you have more questions you can always contact your Doctor. However I can see that your results will be wonderful.

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Bruising after Breast Aumentation

What you are experiencing is completely normal.  There is no reason to make the trip in early for your post operative visit!

James E. Murphy, MD, FACS
Reno Plastic Surgeon

Normal Bruising

The amount of bruising in your photos appears to be normal. But if you are concerned, you should call your plastic surgeon's office and let them know about your concern. He or she may want to see you sooner rather than later to confirm that it is normal.

Good luck to you.

Bruising after breast augmentation

This amount of bruising is certainly more than is typically seen with breast augmentation, but not necessarily problematic or worrisome. The bruising should resolve in the next few weeks. If the bruising worsens, swelling worsens, or becomes more painful, I would consider contacting your surgeon.

William T. Stoeckel, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Bruising after breast augmentation

Bruising after breast augmentation is normal. The amount you have appears to be within normal limits but if concerned see your surgeon. I can't tell from a just a photo.

The photos show early amounts of ecchymosis inferiorly. If you are taking the time to post the question than take the time to receive in person care from your surgeon. It could be a hematoma, especially in a sub glandular augmentation. Follow up would be nice. 

Bruising following Breast Augmentation

From your photos, it appears you that you have a normal amount of bruising following your breast augmentation.  If the bruising or swelling increases be sure to contact your surgeon. In the meantime avoid heavy or strenuous activities which could increase your blood pressure and cause further bruising.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Bruising After Aug

Absolutely normal. You can expect it to last a week or more with all of the color changes bruises go through. There is quite a bit of retraction of the breast and that plus placing the implant through the incision can leave you with bruising. You want to always make sure you communicate your concerns with your surgeon because ultimately they are responsible for your care and you want to ensure nothing bigger is going on.

Richard J. Brown, MD