Bruising 3 Days After Breast Augmentation, Normal Amount? (photo)

I am approx. 72 hours subglandular B.A. post op... I have some fairly significant bruising and am not sure if it is reason enough to follow up prematurely with my P.S., I am off the narcotic pain meds and pain is managed with tylenol. I'm obviously somewhat uncomfortable but nothing major, mostly feeling bloated with engorged breasts. Shall I give a few more days and just monitor bruising?

Bruising after breast augmentation

+2

The bruising that you present in those pictures is normal, some patients bruise more than others, its all part of the healing process. If you have more questions you can always contact your Doctor. However I can see that your results will be wonderful.

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

How Natural Would It Look After Having Surgery to Correct Tuberous Breasts

+2

Totally normal amount of bruising. There is no need for an early visit for reassurance. Some get more bruise, some less. This is not an alarming amount.

Bruising after surgery is certainly normal and not unexpected

+2

The amount of bruising you show in your pictures is perfectly normal and not strange.  Some people bruise more than others.  Bruising is leakage of blood through the tissues.  There was some blood during the surgery (you did have surgery, after all) and it moved down with the gravity to the lowest portion of your breast.

If you have concerns, however, you should be contacting your plastic surgeon's office to have him/her see you, or have of the clinic nurse check you out.

Sincerely, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD, FRCSC

Web reference: http://www.breastaugmentationtoronto.com

Bruising after Breast Aumentation

+1

What you are experiencing is completely normal.  There is no reason to make the trip in early for your post operative visit!

Reno Plastic Surgeon

Normal Bruising

+1

The amount of bruising in your photos appears to be normal. But if you are concerned, you should call your plastic surgeon's office and let them know about your concern. He or she may want to see you sooner rather than later to confirm that it is normal.

Good luck to you.

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Hello

+1

3 days post-surgery is very normal to be bruised as you are. Everything looks to be healthy and healing well. Please continue your post op appointment.

Bruising after breast augmentation

+1

This amount of bruising is certainly more than is typically seen with breast augmentation, but not necessarily problematic or worrisome. The bruising should resolve in the next few weeks. If the bruising worsens, swelling worsens, or becomes more painful, I would consider contacting your surgeon.

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Bruising after breast augmentation

+1

Bruising after breast augmentation is normal. The amount you have appears to be within normal limits but if concerned see your surgeon. I can't tell from a just a photo.

Bruising 3 Days After Breast Augmentation, Normal Amount?

+1

The photos show early amounts of ecchymosis inferiorly. If you are taking the time to post the question than take the time to receive in person care from your surgeon. It could be a hematoma, especially in a sub glandular augmentation. Follow up would be nice. 

Bruising following Breast Augmentation

+1

From your photos, it appears you that you have a normal amount of bruising following your breast augmentation.  If the bruising or swelling increases be sure to contact your surgeon. In the meantime avoid heavy or strenuous activities which could increase your blood pressure and cause further bruising.

Web reference: http://www.VincentLeporeMD.com

San Jose Plastic Surgeon