Bruises and Swelling After Mini Tummy Tuck and Liposuction

I had a minitummy tuck and liposuction 7 days ago.The scar was positioned very low where my C scar was before and 4 cm longer. I didn't have much fat but my skin was loose after my second child.I also had liposuction on my flanks and my bra area.I'm feeling good,but I am concerned about my belly button,the Dr. didn't touch it, he only stitched my muscles, but my belly button looks twice as big,is it normal?Also I have huge bruises in my inner thighs and they look full of liquid, normal?

Mini tummy tuck results?

+1

Since you are only 7 days out of your mini tummy tuck procedure  hopefully the appearance of the umbilicus will improve with time.

However, a few general words of caution may be helpful in regards to mini- tummy tuck surgery. In my opinion, the mini tummy talk is an  operation that  produces very limited results and is very rarely indicated. It involves a shorter incision but does not address the majority of the abdominal wall issues present for most patients who present consultation. For example, the area of skin excised is quite small. The abdominal wall musculature is addressed below the umbilicus leaving the upper number wall potentially lax. The appearance of the umbilicus is not necessarily addressed sufficiently.

For most patients who have had pregnancies and/or weight loss a full abdominoplasty is necessary to achieve the desired results. Of course, there are downsides (including a longer scar and probably a longer recovery time) but for most patients the benefits outweigh the downsides. It is not unusual to see patients who've had mini tummy tuck  surgery present for  revisionary surgery.
It is important  for patients seeking abdominal contouring surgery to work with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon to obtain advice (based on good ethics and judgment) to  improve  their chances of a successful outcome and minimize the need for further surgery.

Bruising after Mini Tummy Tuck

+1

It is only one week after your surgery, so naturally you may have some swelling and bruising which will improve in a few weeks. It may take up to three months to see the final result of your surgery. Swelling in your inner thigh region and bruising can occur and you should make sure your compressive garment is fitting you well and swelling not occurring above edge of garment. Your belly button appearance should certainly improve in three weeks.

Richard Linderman, MD

Bruises and swelling after a mini tummy tuck

+1

A mini tummy tuck is a safe and effective procedure that can create a more contoured abdomen, a tight waist and a beautiful figure.

Patients who received this procedure should be aware of the recovery process afterwards. We inform patients that they should anticipate some bruising, swelling, and discomfort after their surgery. In our Miami practice, we have designed a specific compression garments that will apply pressure evenly to the areas that have been treated. Patients find that these garments provide support and comfort from the swelling that makes the recovery process go by faster. Although bruising and swelling is expected at your stage, be sure that you inform your plastic surgeon of your concerns as they will likely want to assess you to make sure that the healing process is progressing as expected.

Pat Pazmino, MD

7 days post mini-tummy tuck

+1

At seven days post-operative after a mini tummy tuck, all best are off in terms of swelling. You will have alot of swelling and it may affect your belly button.

Post op liposuction and mini-tuck

+1

At 7 days out, it is best to address these concerns with your PS. Bruising happens to varying degrees, same with swelling. However, if there are fluid collections, this may need to be addressed. Good luck with your recovery. J. Vicente Poblete,MD, FACS, Avon Lake, OH

J. Vicente P. Poblete, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Consider "marble trick" for belly button swelling if OK with surgeon

+1

You should see your surgeon to evaluate the possible fluid collections in your thighs. However, swelling of the belly button is very common at this early stage. Give it at least 3 weeks prior to seeing some improvement in this swelling. Some recommend the "marble trick".